DUSTY

The real Human vs Zombie discussion

9 hours ago, vochihieu93 said:

I have seen all mother zombies joining the spec in icescape map , only one mother zombie and more than 20 people.

Icecap is classic spawn and only infects like 1-2 mother zombies, what you're seeing is just situations where they never infect more people. Not zombies going spectate.

9 hours ago, lce said:

I don't think you understand what that word means

Is English your first language?

21 minutes ago, lce said:

Yes

You must be illiterate or just plain autistic.

22 minutes ago, lce said:

Since you clearly can't use Google, I'll explain to you what inept means: lacking in skill; clumsy.

Inept can refer to someone who can't understand a language properly and fails to detect things like wit, sarcasm, irony and humour, like in your case.

26 minutes ago, lce said:

I was calling you inept, which most definitely describes you when it comes to ZE

Rather be inept at a mod for a video game than illiterate.

27 minutes ago, lce said:

which makes you think that it somehow wins you an argument rather than debating the points I put

There was never an argument, you misinterpreted my post because you're illiterate and assumed there to be an argument where there was none and now you're mouthing off about irrelevant things I and no one else here gives a fuck about.

11 hours ago, lce said:

If it is a boring map for zombies, adding points to them isn't going to make people suddenly enjoy the zombie experience; it will just give them something they can grind towards for bragging rights (cause we need more ZE elitism for sure).

A boring map where humans can hold a bridge for 10 minutes yeah, that's just bad map design. But when I started playing, even though the points meant and did absolutely nothing except get you in the !top10, I enjoyed the grind and strategy of learning maps as a zombie, and where you would have to discover the parts of a map where you could ambush the humans. It even helped later when playing as a human because you paid attention to the teleports and different weaknesses as you made your way through an unfamiliar map. Finally, it also made beating a map more enjoyable because you were preventing the zombies from accumulating those points and catching up. Think about if you had 15 people wanting to be MZ, but there could only be 8. Imagine the motivation boost in those other 7 who would try even harder to survive and beat the map. Reset the points each month or something for all I care. Just give people a reason to not go spec as soon as they turn zombie. I honestly can't even remember the admins ever having to enforce kicking afks or specs like they do now. And server was always full without F2P

@Ice I've wanted a point system for years that recognizes both ct accomplishments and zombie success, but alas, we've come to the point where easy and boring maps have to be improved by votemm while zombies feel helpless and unmotivated on all maps because there's no personal gratification from winning a round. Imagine changing the perception of zombie escape whereas you wanted to be a mother zombie and kill as many as possible, while the human objective was to still win but maximize the amount of survivors to limit the zombie points given out.  It's hard to cheapen the value of beating a map as a human that was designed to be difficult to survive in the first place. All you have to do is balance out the satisfaction you get from winning on either side, and it would be hard to ever get bored playing on the server.

The points system before was flawed because people could suicide mid round to become zombie and gather an equal amount of points as if you were mother zombie. If you limit the points humans can earn after dying, there wouldn't be a complete disinterest in trying as a zombie, especially if you are first chosen, while also not promoting letting yourself get knifed just to accumulate a partial amount of points.

11 hours ago, lce said:

Talking to you is about as useful of a time expenditure as talking to a brick wall. You either randomly throw an insult out that has no relevance as to what was said or just pick and choose certain sentences to respond to while ignoring the main point of everything combined said or just straight up ignore certain sentences. You are just derailing the conversation and aren't even including stuff relevant to the thread in your posts anymore. If you want someone to argue with or insult more, use a mirror. 

You were the first one to insult, I'm ignoring these things because I never had an argument about this to begin with, you just assumed there was one because you're unable to comprehend things like sarcasm and wit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 3:01 AM, DUSTY said:

It even helped later when playing as a human because you paid attention to the teleports and different weaknesses as you made your way through an unfamiliar map.

Absolutely, soft serve maps are great examples of this kind of zm friendly design. I don't get motivated by points, I just want to kill edgers and cocky defenders like whim.

I wish more people were good at zombie due to map knowledge and mechanics like on source since it makes it so much more fun to defend. Whenever I position to defend against a certain weakness like a flank route or semicircle around a door and save people it feels great. When I position like this and no zombies take advantage of the map design it's just disappointing.

We don't need more zombies trying overall due to points, we just need better zombies and there's no real way to do that. It doesn't help that teaching the zombies these strats isn't something any leader wants to do, and is overall discouraged since the zombies "don't need a leader" and anyone who leads them is usually just being toxic. Most zms follow the pack like they're playing human and the only way to direct them is by bhopping ahead. 

The main thing that motivated me to even learn how to bhop with scroll wheel was watching players on source zoom into a pack of doorhuggers and singlehandedly end the round. If the zms weren't so gimped on csgo, then people would have a lot more fun playing them.