Severely_Artistic

Addressing the Skepticism towards Expanding (plus a little backstory)

The key is absolutely breaking into a market that isn't so oversaturated. There was no guarantee that DarkRP would work out, but the lack of community effort was appalling. We have a large collection of purchased plugins for RP. CWRP was a mild success for a bit, but we really didn't have the means of monetizing it, and if it's not making us a little money, it's worthless. This is a business, after all. 

If we want to do anything, we should look towards different GAMES and not different servers for the same games we've been doing for years. We hit our niche, which is ZE and TTT. Purge had a great run but it's not a money generator. Everything else is hit or miss, and spotty at best. We've had stuff like Jailbreak for CSGO, or our short runs in games like FoF or PVKII. The issue is and will always be sustainability. We should, if anything, expand our market into newer games that allow us to get in on the ground floor, and work from the beginning to make ourselves a reputable gaming community for the game we're getting into. We're already established in CSGO, CSS, and GMOD. I think that our time for expansion is done there, and we should look at other things moving forward.

But not Minecraft. Fuck Minecraft.

Posted  Edited by Joshy

EDIT: God fucking shit I didn't hit save or submit.

Too narrow if things have to work right away, work the first time, or be directly profitable.  I was there when each Minecraft server failed.  I wasn't as involved to say that the leadership didn't work hard, but I saw in the announcements basically "loss of motivation" and "real life" as setbacks for the servers.  It's not to say the people leading these servers were bad (those reasons are fair), but did they truly work hard?  Even if they did: Did they work smart?  I can't say with full certainty that they didn't, but I wasn't very convinced that they did.

Does a server really need to make money too?  How are you going to make money off of a game like RuneScape?  You can't...  directly.  Do you honestly think when you're buying that new sweet gaming laptop or next generation smartphone, that the company is making money off of that?  Look below for the subtle hint.  What about the amount you pay to use a Google search engine or to go onto your Facebook account (these companies must be broke, right?).

8DsjQAG.jpg

Anyhow: I'm a bitter asshole who was demoted and I'm stupid.  I definitely wrote a lot more than I intended, and so I guess I'll stop here.

@Severely_Artistic, my suggestion for you is the following:  If you want it, then you'll probably have to get a lot of the work done by yourself first.  I'll only hint that your methods to make this happen "probably" wont be very direct either.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

• 3 weeks later...

I defiantly agree with what you are saying. I personally and enjoying the hide and seek server from gfl and look to play some more of the servers they created soon. Playing a new server would be very fun and would probably do well with the right amount of developing and would hopefully get support from the community to re-create and great server!