FrenZy

Stuff that need to be fixed.

Decided to add a few things to this thread.

-Checkpoints that compare your run to the record run would be neat! 

- Music starts instantly playing through jukebox, spent a good 5 minutes figuring out what the fuk was going on untill i saw a chat poput of the !jb, a popup for the jukebox as soon as you join would be better in my opinion!

Gmod surf > csgo and css

3 hours ago, Bredcrumbs said:

- Music starts instantly playing through jukebox, spent a good 5 minutes figuring out what the fuk was going on untill i saw a chat poput of the !jb, a popup for the jukebox as soon as you join would be better in my opinion!

Whilst I do agree that the jukebox starting automatically is somewhat obnoxious, if you actually look at it on the top of your screen you do see the command to bring it up where you can stop it, it's not just through the chat.

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)

13 minutes ago, FrenZy said:

if you actually look at it on the top of your screen you do see the command to bring it up where you can stop it

did not notice, must not have been there for too long since it took me bout a min after hearing sounds before actually getting to play.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:49 AM, FrenZy said:

Here's just a few issues I noticed on my first session on this server. 

- World record bots don't seem to work properly. I got the record, then someone got the #2 run and THEY got it. Even when I beat my own record again it didn't change. 

- You don't see how many points you get after completing a map.

- People that are AFK should be moved into spectator mode so the active players can rock the vote. Right now Billy and Butterking are just sitting in there AFK and making it impossible to change the map unless more people come in. 

- There is no nominate feature, making it so that the maps that show up in RTV will always be random which isn't all too great. 

- You can bhop and start any map at a much greater speed than what is intended. You're supposed to start at about 300 with a good strafe but you can bhop to 2000 if you want before you start. This is the worst one. It of course makes it so that people can get faster times on maps. Might there be an option in the timer itself to change max velocity in the start zone? There should be. 

- Change max velocity to 3500. It is the norm for Surf Timer.

Also, just an idea. There should be a message that pops up with a few helpful commands once in a while. Or something like "Type !commands to be shown all of the available commands in your console." 

Forgot to go and post on this, but I did work on some of these issues.

Currently I have:

• Added an auto spectator feature to make afk's become spectators automatically.
  • Made it so RTV votes do not include players in spectator mode (haven't been able to test this though)

A feature already exists preventing players from leaving a start zone with a speed of about 350+ u/s, unless you mean people can leave the zone then start bhopping?

Other than that, I am working on the other suggestions. Thanks.

76561198148448003.png

1 minute ago, ButterKing5000 said:

A feature already exists preventing players from leaving a start zone with a speed of about 350+ u/s, unless you mean people can leave the zone then start bhopping?

Well, it doesn't seem flawless. There's a trick you can do on some maps (surf_utopia for example) where if you fail intentionally right away and hold space your timer restarts but you rocket out of the zone, the more times you do it well the faster you can get. I assumed since this was possible that trying to bhop to a high speed before leaving it would work as well, haven't tested that method out. 

Now, it's not too bad that it is possible to do that on some maps, however that makes it so that you have to do  the map in an arguably bugged way in order to get a good time on it. I personally don't like it, but hey. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)