RVFK

Admin communication

This was originally a status update I made, but someone told me it would be more effective for this to me a post. Not sure where to post this since it's not a suggestion but, oh well.

Originally regarding this post V

This is a problem on all GFL servers, admins barely communicate. For the short time I was admin on CSGO Jailbreak there was no communication between admins.

Heres some of the problems-

Not only was this the case for Jailbreak but i'm 100% sure that  half the admins on all GFLservers barely check admin chat. That eliminates a huge portion of communication, unless you are really good friends and talk about admining over Teamspeak, discord etc. So it made it really difficult to try to notify other admins about specific things.

A huge portion of that plays over on the servers. For Jailbreak the manager at that time always told the admins to follow by the guidelines/rules, but handle the situation how you believe it should be handled. Sounds like a decent way to handle situations right? No, as good as that sounds it's terrible. This makes it where admins will always punish differently, causing loads of unnecessary mixups, mistakes, and much more. 

Lets use this topic in my little scenario.

So jimmy goes on TTT, when admin A is on. He randomly shoots someone as a 'joke' everyone once in a while because admin A is fine with it.

Now lets say jimmy comes on while admin B is online, he does the same thing but gets banned for it. He thought it was fine because admin A didn't care about it, but admin B follows a different type of ruleset. See the problem here?

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

This isn't just GFL, it's just how it is. Managers already have a lot to do already. Yes, it is their job to monitor them and make things stand understandably. It's not as bad as having nearly more than half not coming on forums. They get admin and never come on forums, only if there's a ban. 

Just so we're clear here, out of all the experience I know from moderating, it is most likely due to how many times the person has done it. If they're just avoiding the rules to a certain extinct of causing more rule breakers, then it's their decision to either punish them or not. But the victim should've already knew what's coming. 

25 minutes ago, Flooooooooooooooooooooooof said:

So jimmy goes on TTT, when admin A is on. He randomly shoots someone as a 'joke' everyone once in a while because admin A is fine with it.

Now lets say jimmy comes on while admin B is online, he does the same thing but gets banned for it. He thought it was fine because admin A didn't care about it, but admin B follows a different type of ruleset. See the problem here?

Let's use your scenario for an example. So you said Admin A was fine with this, but Admin B wasn't. Let's put it like this. What if Admin A was just making it like a verbal warning to not do it again without actually letting him/her know since it's their responsibility to read the rules. It is never the admins job to babysit the players to tell them how to read or what to read. But it is their job to explain if there are questions or even loopholes. So when the player does it again, Admin B receives noticed of this player's past behavior and warn/slay the person for continuing this behavior. 

Even if the admin didn't say anything, the rule is still there for a reason. If the person didn't get in trouble, then it was just a verbal warning. If they do, then it's a repeated action.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

4 minutes ago, Bae said:

Let's use your scenario for an example. So you said Admin A was fine with this, but Admin B wasn't. Let's put it like this. What if Admin A was just making it like a verbal warning to not do it again without actually letting him/her know since it's their responsibility to read the rules. It is never the admins job to babysit the players to tell them how to read or what to read. But it is their job to explain if there are questions or even loopholes. So when the player does it again, Admin B receives noticed of this player's past behavior and warn/slay the person for continuing this behavior. 

You completely missed the point.  I'm not going to explain it again, you can read the paragraph above.  

Heres also a little topic on interpretation, as mentioned a small bit in my paragraph above

The admins are using there own interpretation of the rules. Causing the player to believe that something is okay, while it may not be for other admins who interpret the rules differently.

What you are saying is you want Server Admins who follow the guidelines to the letter?

Here's my experience from retail: Imagine having a customer attempting to return a $5 item 1 day late after having shopped at your store for a few months and spending well over $1000.  Should you deny their return?  Per your guidelines: Yes.  We'll stipulate you're a supervisor or manager in the position of making overrides against the guidelines.  What would you do?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

13 minutes ago, Flooooooooooooooooooooooof said:

You completely missed the point.  I'm not going to explain it again, you can read the paragraph above.  

Heres also a little topic on interpretation, as mentioned a small bit in my paragraph above

The admins are using there own interpretation of the rules. Causing the player to believe that something is okay, while it may not be for other admins who interpret the rules differently.

No, if this is about GMod TTT, then I am 100% certain that what I stated in Jimmy's thread is correct. It is up to admin's discretion to whether or whether not to punish the players. In the end, it is still the victim's fault if they broke a rule. I understand you want admin to communicate more, but on TTT, it's a lot different, especially when the admin is AFK. How do you expect an AFK admin to communicate with an admin that's actively playing? 

But joshy explain it very well more than me. I'm just saying, that's not how it works here. 

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

32 minutes ago, Bae said:

No, if this is about GMod TTT,  

It's about all GFL servers as a whole.

34 minutes ago, Joshy said:

What you are saying is you want Server Admins who follow the guidelines to the letter?

Here's my experience from retail: Imagine having a customer attempting to return a $5 item 1 day late after having shopped at your store for a few months and spending well over $1000.  Should you deny their return?  Per your guidelines: Yes.  We'll stipulate you're a supervisor or manager in the position of making overrides against the guidelines.  What would you do?

Deny there return. 

Posted  Edited by Moose - Edit Reason: Spelling

I think that there are guidelines in place for a reason, and I think it’s up to the admins what to make do with it, although strictly speaking they should try to stick fairly close to them. In the event of different intrepretations of a guideline concerning a ban/mute/gag, I would think that the admins should discuss together what they think should be done and come to a conclusion together. 

I can’t say this wasn’t perfect timing regarding a recent ban on JB. We are now trying to figure out how to handle the ban and reach a conclusion, which I feel meets one of your points of admins needing to talk more to discuss these issues. We are talking about what we would’ve personally done, and comparing these opinions in order to reach a final judgment. 

However I don’t believe every instance should be followed strictly to the guidelines. I believe that other variables affect the outcomes of what punishments should be recieved. (Ie, someone on the cancer list getting slightly harsher punishments). 

Overall, I think it comes down to the mindset of the person, I can see that you think differently than others who have replied to the topic (and myself), there is nothing wrong with that. You just have to bare in mind that for different people things work differently. Yes, there will be mistakes. Yes, people will do something wrong, but that is why there is a team of admins to pick eachother up and help out to fix these mistakes. If admins aren’t doing this? Then the respective Manager should be shoving boots in their asses making sure they do. 

For you, sticking to the guidelines is just what suits you and you believe in and will always stick to it. Fair enough. There will be others who disagree and that others should be let off easier/ dealt with harder. If an issue has been dealt with terribly, other admins will pick up on it and talk about it. 

The admin team on JB right now is actually talking a fair amount on improving the gameplay as well as discussing how some things should be dealt with. It makes me proud to see the change because I see where you’re coming from, before there wasn’t much talk about admining business, but now, It’s better. 

Edited by Moose
Spelling

Either way, I have to disagree still with you on certain things. Sure, admins are supposed to work together. And how exactly do you know if they're not communicating in admin chat? Everything is handled differently for each server per manager perspective. So either way, if the manager cares what their admin opinions are, then that's that. A couple of admins don't like communicating but prefer to punish or lecture rule breakers. I do not like the idea of having to force to communicate. They have ways to communicate, and it's not just using admin chat.

I understand you were once an admin on CS:GO jb and people wouldn't communicate of the changes or anything of sort. But is it that of an importance to talk in admin chat? I mean, if they refuse to listen or read, that's on them. But if they're doing their job, there's no harm. To be fair, most of them don't like reading chats, because in their sense of mind "When I have mic, I don't read"; that's the logic we have on Gmod. People don't read when there's a handy dandy microphone. 

But seriously, is it an importance to read admin chat?

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
4 hours ago, Flooooooooooooooooooooooof said:

This was originally a status update I made, but someone told me it would be more effective for this to me a post. Not sure where to post this since it's not a suggestion but, oh well.

Originally regarding this post V

This is a problem on all GFL servers, admins barely communicate. For the short time I was admin on CSGO Jailbreak there was no communication between admins.

Heres some of the problems-

Not only was this the case for Jailbreak but i'm 100% sure that  half the admins on all GFLservers barely check admin chat. That eliminates a huge portion of communication, unless you are really good friends and talk about admining over Teamspeak, discord etc. So it made it really difficult to try to notify other admins about specific things.

A huge portion of that plays over on the servers. For Jailbreak the manager at that time always told the admins to follow by the guidelines/rules, but handle the situation how you believe it should be handled. Sounds like a decent way to handle situations right? No, as good as that sounds it's terrible. This makes it where admins will always punish differently, causing loads of unnecessary mixups, mistakes, and much more. 

I mean unless TTT is full of only Admin Bs, because I sometimes get on there to randomly shoot a bullet at the admins (that I know) because it's a mutual friendship thing we have. Tbh can you tag someone that represents an Admin B to you please.

Edit: After seeing that you made Admin A look like a jackass that doesn't know what he is doing and is new to the server, because he doesn't follow any of the rules, I can say that from experience, there are certain staff that are more lenient, because they know the person/people, and they know that they aren't the kind to go around mass rdming, so they leave it as a verbal warning and are more lenient than those players that are new, and a staff member has to be a bit more observant over them just because they are new, and random damage caused by them could lead to something more severe like RDM or MRDM, which in turn, doesn't make the community more live-able. That is why when you are randomly damaged by someone like me, I'll get a verbal warning at most from some admins, but some will slay me, I will admit to that, I also admit that although some admins hop on for shits & giggles, in the end of the day, all admins are there and they serve their job well. Maybe the whole thing about "oh yea Jimmy randomly killing someone here and there" of course is he going to get banned for that, that's called consistent RDM, which again, is bannable from what I've experienced in GFL. Don't be retarded, don't be Jimmy.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

3 hours ago, Flooooooooooooooooooooooof said:

Deny there return. 

Yea no, I can tell you're not any older than about 15, either that, or you haven't learned Economics yet. The point of a business is not to lose customers, you don't deny the $5 return because it is one day late if throughout the whole month the customer has spent $1000. Same in TTT, you're not going to ban someone that plays a lot on GFL Gmod TTT if they just randomly damaged someone, but always depending on the admin, like my comment above, you may get a verbal warning, or a slay, and that is if the person forgives you, which usually is the case if you're not some retard that writes "asldfks;lkfjas;dlkjfsl" in the report response.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member