MaxDevill666

Mute for leading

Im here to report, an admin who mutes me for no reason WHILE I WAS LEADING THE MAP,people even said: "???, wtf , why is he geting muted?, why u mute him? he is leading D:, etc". I got kinda mad,not only cause theres was no warning at all but because I WAS LEADING. After i try to apeel the unmute not only he dosent unmute me WHILE EVERY1 (almost every1 atleast xd) was asking for an unmute,he gags me cause i was discussing whit him (maybe free speech is banable or something xd) . I dont know if this is every gfl admin or if this is accepted along admins or if me writting this is gonna do something.

Admins name: pipimi

Posted  Edited by bb_IU

Hello I was the administrator who muted you, "pipimi" is my current steam name. Anyways, to start things off, you were muted for being excessively loud over the microphone towards the end of a round. Leading is not a mutable offence AS LONG AS it adheres to the rules of the server. One of the rules mentioned in the MOTD post (Which you can find in one of the stickied posts in the ZE section of the forums), is: "No mic/chat spamming or excessive yelling,". Moving on, just because all the other users were requesting that you be unmuted, DOES NOT warrant an unmute from an administrator. Finally, to address your last point, I gagged you for 60 minutes in the chat after requesting that you make an appeal on the forums regarding your mute instead of complaining in the chat. After noticing that you wouldn't leave the issue alone, I checked your sourcebans and noticed that you had a previous 30 minute gag, and decided to gag you for 60 minutes.

Free speech is a right that you have, but please be aware that the rules still apply to you as a player.

Edited by bb_IU

Theres something called a warning which i think its something people dont use on the server or something.

Now there was a lot of people who was micspaming BEFORE u mute me, so maybe or: u are not doing the things right or i just got unlucky that for trying to lead and raise my voice a little over all the zombies in front of us was enough to "trigger you".

And the other thing u actually mute me for 30m and for somereason u change that and make it 60,would like explain on that.

Posted  Edited by bb_IU
2 hours ago, MaxDevill666 said:

Theres something called a warning which i think its something people dont use on the server or something.

Now there was a lot of people who was micspaming BEFORE u mute me, so maybe or: u are not doing the things right or i just got unlucky that for trying to lead and raise my voice a little over all the zombies in front of us was enough to "trigger you".

And the other thing u actually mute me for 30m and for somereason u change that and make it 60,would like explain on that.

Before I discuss this further, I'd like to direct you to your mutes and gags history on SourceBans (https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_1:0:92076890&Submit). If you take a look at it, you'll notice that you had multiple mutes and gags prior to being muted and gagged on the server by me. Generally as administrators we go by: warn -> FIRST mute -> etc. Warning a user after the user's first mute has already been given is at the discretion of the administrator, and I didn't feel as if another warning was warranted, seeing that you have multiple mutes and gags on SourceBans. Anyways, to reply to your second point, I try to not be a complete nazi as an administrator. When I can see that users are having fun on the server, I allow them to have fun AS LONG AS it doesn't begin to get out of hand. Towards the end of the round, you and another user started to get extremely loud over the microphone (Due to excitement, if I had to guess), and I drew the line there. In my opinion, you didn't just simply raise your voice, but you were excessively loud over the microphone. I am not triggered by single instances of breaking the rules, I just felt as if the players were starting to rowdy, so I chose to begin muting people. 

Lastly, I changed your original 30 minute mute to a 60 minute mute as you have multiple mutes and gags on SourceBans (I posted a link to it at the beginning of this post if you missed it). Mutes and gags on the server stack. As a player accumulates more mutes and gags, the administrators are required to increase the duration of each sequential mute and/or gag on the server. If you want me to explain it further, you'll notice that your last mute prior to the 60 minutes and removed 30 minutes one was a 30 minute mute by me. Due to this, I am required to stack your mute time to 60 minutes.

If you have any more things that you'd like for me to clarify, please don't hesitate to post more on this thread.

Edited by bb_IU