Hoinski

Banned for "Ghosting"

5aaf5eebd0a33_3_19.18Chat2_55AM.thumb.png.83a635109145cfd1ad4af0aa831683ec.pngName: Hoinski

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37239738

Banned by: TheSadBandit

Ban reason: Ghosting

Why you should be unbanned:

I can understand how the admin would think i'm ghosting since two people in the server were on my friends list.

But the funny thing is that they added me in-game, and we had met in the server in that same session. When I accepted I literally god banned within a span of 5 minutes.

I don't ghost, I wouldn't break GFL Server rules. This is a ban that was given to hastily if you were to ask me. Any help in this situation would be great.

I'm going to put a Gyazo  for the chats that I had with the two other people, who were also banned for "Ghosting". Once again, I can understand how it 

would seem that I was ghosting. But I can assure you that I have no intent on breaking the rules of servers that I pay to have perks on. Any help in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

P.S This has nothing to do with the ban but getting banned on your birthday isn't that great of a present :P 

•  

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

In my opinion it wasn't hasty at all. From my perspective of Admin, here's what I saw: 

5aaf605372c0f_ScreenShot2018-03-19at2_39_21AM.png.8e6fc046b1c2fead957dbbff54bf705e.png

after checking who was friends with Nintega, I checked if you were a T, which you were. I also saw how after RedScizor died, I died, and Nintega and Red were friends.

5aaf6053082f5_ScreenShot2018-03-19at2_35_56AM.png.5e1c19695f8593405ea0b503f3d0a82f.png5aaf605286399_ScreenShot2018-03-19at2_35_47AM.png.9321a18b8a00b173f6e9b7d8b40d32e6.png5aaf60523ac13_ScreenShot2018-03-19at2_35_19AM.png.f0f6bf1a52794e28fed0c219142426f7.png5aaf6051dbc80_ScreenShot2018-03-19at2_35_10AM.png.6576adcdc683a102782784c016717f33.png

then round 18, a report that delghy did to Red, in which the response was "uh dude you were traitor". From my experience only people that are ghosting say that, also can't be coincidence if this same round you were a T. (delghy had done nothing all round, no reason for Red to have killed him either)

5aaf605137a4e_ScreenShot2018-03-19at2_34_59AM.png.856b8ece0cedfe34b208301850dbcb96.png

5aaf6160e92db_ScreenShot2018-03-19at3_02_52AM.png.c23f3245562ba401cb2a147b12b7b425.png

Thank you for appealing, do you have any other proof other than steam chats that you weren't ghosting? Since the ban happened at 1:34 (which I'll assume is 2:34 for you), and one of your chats says 2:46, I'll say the chats aren't a credible form of evidence. 

Edit: happy bday

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by Hoinski

It would be much easier to communicate over steam or discord, if you would be able to that would be appreciated, if not I can work around it.

I don't have any other proof for chat with these two, as I said I had literally just accepted their friend requests that they sent to me before I got banned.

As for the time stamps on the chat, the most recently sent one would be 2:34, the time of the ban.

Edited by Hoinski

I really don't like using this format to communicate to be honest, if we could use steam or discord or something that would be great.

But if i need to do it here for it to be "Official" or something, i'll deal with it

(Reeeeee i hate forums)

Edited by Hoinski

Well with the evidence I provided, convince me that I'm wrong, 2 times the people you added as friends RDMed 2 Ts, both times the responses were pretty crappy, usual chat of a ghoster. If you can convince me that I'm wrong, and you 3 weren't ghosting, I'll reduce your ban, but they'll have to appeal to get theirs reduced. The use of "I thought you were the one who killed my friend" is a typical person who is ghosting. In round 18, you were delghy's T buddy, how did the det know that delg was a T when he hadn't done anything yet?

Communication is done here to be official.

I really don't know what else i can give you other than this showing that i had just added them.

I just want to play some minecraft ttt man, I didn't ghost. This is kind of getting ridiculous.

These kids who don't even have 50 hours on gmod between them who said some stupid shit and got themselves banned didn't even know what ghosting was.

I'll say it again that I have no intent on breaking GFL rules, and I just want to play. 

The fact that you can't take the ban away as a whole instead of "Reducing it" is shitty.

Nin add date.png

RedAddDate.png

The stuff said in reports is evidence that can make or break ban appeals. In this case it didn't help you, as both times your friends RDMed a T their responses were shitty, and typical of a ghoster. For this reason, I will not unban. Enjoy your week ban, and I hope we see you again next week.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Posted this comment twice. (deleted the comment, due to double posted)

Edited by TheSadBandit

2 minutes ago, Hoinski said:

I can't play ANY GFL servers? This is seriously shitty, I really hope someone will give a second opinion on this case

Precisely.

This is ridiculous , I play GFL servers every fucking day, I didn't ghost with some fucking noob kids who just bought gmod.

If this gets locked or something will  i have to create another appeal?

I'm literally desperate.

Well, you can wait until the Server Manager locks this, and he'll decide whether your evidence is enough or not. He will present his opinion toward me, I'll present mine toward him, and we will come to a conclusion. As it currently stands though, you will have to wait.

Thank you for being patient.

Based on what I've looked at these two were friends before they added me.

They may have been ghosting, I don't know, all I know is that I wasn't because ghosting is fucking gay,

and that this is a possibility that I came up with while trying to figure out a way to un-fuck myself from an

inequitable week ban from all GFL Servers for something I know I didn't do that I had to throw in before I went to sleep.

I think what happened is that your "buddy" may have got you banned without you intending to and looks like to me he doesn't care about your ban otherwise he would put his side of the story in here or in another appeal or to Bandit.

giphyMilkMan.gif.fb5ae94508aa4d64ac8cb43f19d36ff4.gif

I mean I really hope that's not the case since it looks like these kids are literally noobs to gmod, let alone posting stuff on forums for clans

They went offline so i can't question them or ask if they'll fess up or not... When they're online tomorrow I'll ask and hopefully get some answers but all I can say for now is that I definitely wouldn't ghost and risk getting banned from a server that I play regularly, literally daily.

(Edit) I'd also like to say again that I just added these kids today, maybe not even 5 minutes before I got banned, and have i plan to remove them once this ordeal is done and over with

Edited by Hoinski