8manSquad

Ban Appeal

Name: 8manSquad

Steam ID: 0:0:198000735

Banned by: Tlar

Ban reason: Mass Rdm

Why I should be unbanned: I just got banned for mass rdm, which I didn't do so this was completely random. The only people I think that I may have rdm'd recently were rdm'ers themselves and this happened with no admins online so there was no way to defend against them without rdm'ing them. For that I think I should be unbanned. 

2 minutes ago, 8manSquad said:

I don't understand what that is about...

Tlar banned you, so he will handle this appeal. I tagged him to ask him to come look at it.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Yes, I saw in the reports that you had a habit of taking advantage of when there were no admins online during round 40-41 and "no admins, taking justice into my own hands. go fuck yourself..." is what you said in one of the many reports so understand that this is literally taking advantage of no admins being online and see how I can perceive it to be mass RDM when the only thing you write in your reports are dfl;andjfn;lDNF;LDFDNF and the victim never forgave you? 

That was one case of rdm. There was another person, i believe he his name was griffin, who was constantly rdm'ing others. He rdm'd me twice before i killed him and he was rdm'ing others and sending reports whenever he was killed. I was always rdm'd first in all cases and no admins were on to punish these people so  I would just be constantly rdm'd. What am I supposed to do? Just sit there and take it???

I should have added this was consistent RDMing too, even IF it is indeed to have stopped other players who may have frequently have been mass RDMing on a consistent basis, I checked the logs and I know you're not lying in that aspect. However, the rules do say that you're not supposed to (attempt/mass/consistent) RDM regardless. I would've waited and have taken it and make it abundantly clear that the player whose has been mass RDMing should be banned when an admin does come online. 

However, I don't believe this was out of malicious intent and I'm very sympathetic to your idea of handling the problem, it's simply the way it has been handled is not the way to go about it.

SO with that said I'm shortening the ban to 2 days if that seems reasonable to you?

2 hours ago, 8manSquad said:

That's fine but there should really be admins on more often. This didn't even need to happen if there was. 

Admins don't need to be on more often...

If there are people rdming on the server then make a player report on the forums. It's that simple. This ban would've never happened if you follow the rules and made a player report. And making player reports will make a lot things easier for the TTT admins.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

4 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

Admins don't need to be on more often...

If there are people rdming on the server then make a player report on the forums. It's that simple. This ban would've never happened if you follow the rules and made a player report. And making player reports will make a lot things easier for the TTT admins.

Came to post this. Don't revenge rdm. You'll just get in trouble too