DecoDelinquent

Appeal for ban made in 2014

Name: Gabriel (Spunge)

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:45170863

Banned by: Auto Moderator

Ban reason: Automatically banned for using turbo function on my Logitech G700s in 2014

Why you should be unbanned: I think it's totally fair that I was banned from the CSS server my friend Brody and I using back in 2014. We were playing on our own together, and I thought I'd be clever and use the turbo clicker feature on my mouse to spam dual berretta fire and get a competitive edge against him. At the time, I did not consider this hacking (obviously I recognize now it was clearly a cheat) and I didn't think much of my ban since I did not really frequent community servers anyway. That is, until just recently when I tried to k2nod's shoot out server and server and was curious to see that I was banned. I reached out to admin I was very lucky to catch on the same tf2 server that I was in (flying joe 32) and he was kind enough to help me with the process of lifting my ban. Yes, I cheated, the fact that it was only my friend and I is no excuse. Neither is it an excuse to play it off as nothing more than a macro, because auto-moderator picked up for a reason. I would, however, like to play on an active fist full of frags server with little latency since I have not touched the game in so long. The only one I can find is GFL! So if you're willing to forgive my infraction from when I was an idiot kid in high school, I would very much like to join you for a game on shoot k2nod :)  Kind regards, Gabriel. 

Guest SkydivingSquid

@DecoDelinquent there wasn't any record on SourceBan showing you were ever banned in the first place. Regardless, I accept your appeal considering it was 5 years ago. I have unbanned the provided SteamID. Please follow the GFL rules and familiarize yourself with the new !motd. Welcome back to GFL. 🦑

• Guest locked this topic