FireStarter

ze_best_korea_v1 early rocket trigger bug abuse

Reported Player(s) Name: Blacky (although I'm not sure that it was him)

Reported Player(s) Steam ID (Type "status" in console to see this): STEAM_1:1:52451965

Reasoning: 

When we were playing ze_best_korea_v1 today, somebody triggered the space rocket early (while humans were still defending the "asshole" door). As a result humans got teleported together with zombies to the rocket and the round was over. This has happened twice (in two rounds), and players voted to change the map afterwards.

If you take a look at the video below, you will see at the very start that space rocket has just been triggered ("SPACE ROCKET DOOR OPENING IN 60 SECONDS" message in chat). And on the minimap you can see that there is a zombie near the rocket. Soon the zombie marker on the minimap near the rocket disappears, and the moment this happens you can see a message at the top right corner of the screen signaling that a zombie (Blacky) has just died (not from a gunshot). So I assume that this could be him.

At 32 seconds of this video you can see me run the "status" command in the console.

There is no need to press a button to trigger the rocket, so buttonwatch will not help to figure out who really did this.

To explain my logic.

On the video above it looks like the zombie who triggered the rocket ran off the edge of the rocket platform (judging by the zombie dot movement on the minimap). At that point he should have teleported right in front of the kid at the exit from the elevator (this teleport is activated when the Pringles can starts rolling down). If he continued running forward, he would run into the kid and die.

This could also be a coincidence, of course. But it is something to look at if admins have some extra logs that can help to clarify this case.
And it could be a reason to keep an eye on zombies trying to abuse this glitch (until it is fixed) and maybe on Blacky in particular.

Below is a video demonstration of the TP.

Posted  Edited by Vauff

Please remember player reports are not an open forum. You shouldn't be posting here unless you're an admin or the reporter.

Also keep in mind it is not possible for zombies to die to the kid, as we filtered that trigger_hurt to CTs only via stripper to fix a repeat killer bug.

However the timing of Blackys death compared to the disappearance of the dot on the minimap basically confirms it was him to me, I assume he just suicided another way.

Edited by Vauff

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel
1 hour ago, Vauff said:

However the timing of Blackys death compared to the disappearance of the dot on the minimap basically confirms it was him to me

My thoughts exactly.

I assume he just suicided another way.

Thu Aug 15 21:40:12 2019: Blacky<3231><STEAM_1:1:52451965><> executes: jointeam 3 1

Edited by xSnowyAngel

• 4 months later...

Apologies this was never fully processed at the time. However, Blacky has since received a ban for something else, so we won't be punishing for this incident anymore.