_Rocket_

An Idea For a Racing Video Game

Okay so game time.

I got an idea. You see, I used to play a lot of racing games on the PS2 as a kid. That console had the best damn racing games. My all time favorite was easily Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005. That game is often held in high regards, mainly due to the amazing police chases.

Here recently I have been thinking about possible game projects. When I am finally able to get a job (when I can get the proper transportation for it), I'll start getting money to come in. I could actually invest in artists, and pay the fee to submit a game into steam. Aka, I can actually start making games for steam. Actual. Official. Games.

My first idea? I'm thinking of making a top down game.

I like open world games... So, my idea? Make a huge open world racing type game. Like, when I say a huge map... I mean something massive. I've been considering using the US as a model for the map. It couldn't possibly be completely 1:1 scale of the US, that would take years of development to complete. Maybe something smaller scale, but still the same idea.

I would take inspiration from Need For Speed's pursuit system and add my own twists to it. This could result in tense cop chase sequences across the US.

Now the visuals aren't exactly gonna be *stunning*, not in the slightest. It's a top down 2D game. I'm not entirely for sure if I can get artists to draw the whole map either. Something might have to be made to generate the scenery... Maybe an algorithm of some sort that I could design. I don't know. A lot of ideas are still half baked.

The main goal is to make a huge map of the US. And the pursuit system is gonna be designed to be challenging but fun. I have ideas for racing, but I'm not for sure yet.

What do you guys think of this idea?

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png