Jokergamma

Add a sniper to Breach?

I know it sounds a little crazy due to breach being a mostly close-quarters type of gamemode, but i think it would be best be used as a last ditch attempt method against scp's that are on the surface. What I mean is we get a sniper riffle like the CSGO AWP that on average does 400 damage for shot. To compensate for this tremendous damage, either a special role like newly spawned MTF, CI, or Serpents hand has one Sniper unit, or only 1 AWP is spawned naturally on the map. In addition, there are only 20 bullets in the gun with no additional ammo located on the map as it will use sniper ammo, not rifle, smg, etc. It will also come unloaded, taking 10 seconds to put a maximum of 1 bullet in the chamber like the current R8 Revolver. Finally as it is a rather large weapon, it will make the player have the slowest movement speed in the game when equipped, so they can't really run and gun with it. This gun would reward players with good aim and timing on when to use the gun for massive amounts of damage in a last ditch attempt to pacify enemy players/scp and i'd think it would be fun.

It may sound like a good idea, but breach is rather small for a sniper, even at surface. And 20 bullets may not sound like a lot, but if each does 400 damage, then that's 20 regular people you can kill. So if an mtf guard gets their hands on it, every D class is fucked. As for good aim, large scp player models and slow scp movement speed means aiming wouldn't really be required.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

what about just make it like a 20% chance to spawn in and only one spawns

1 minute ago, Duc2000 said:

It may sound like a good idea, but breach is rather small for a sniper, even at surface. And 20 bullets may not sound like a lot, but if each does 400 damage, then that's 20 regular people you can kill. So if an mtf guard gets their hands on it, every D class is fucked. As for good aim, large scp player models and slow scp movement speed means aiming wouldn't really be required.

36 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Sounds logical. I suppose it would be better if it had maybe only 5-7 bullets and maybe some damage fall off so as not to 1 shot a person in Armour at point blank range.  Also for the larger scp's, maybe we could add a system where there are weak points. For example, in order to do maximum 400 damage to an scp like 682, your could aim at its limbs which are generally a small target and hard to aim at, or in the case of scp's like 106, you aim for the head. Plus, in the case of slowering moveing scp's like 049, a smart player could jump to make it harder to pull of a successful headshot, therefore making it more rewarding to aim better.

9 hours ago, Jokergamma said:

For example, in order to do maximum 400 damage to an scp like 682, your could aim at its limbs which are generally a small target and hard to aim at, or in the case of scp's like 106, you aim for the head.

I believe this is impossible as the models do not have head hitboxes or distinguish between arms and torso. Xy can correct me if I'm wrong.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

11 hours ago, Duc2000 said:

I believe this is impossible as the models do not have head hitboxes or distinguish between arms and torso. Xy can correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it possible to add specific body hit boxes if they don't exist? If not then im pretty sure ill just scrap this idea and try to think of something else. I just really want a weapon that might save a round as a last ditch attempt as it (in my personal opinion) brings more excitement to the end of a round.