Gustavus

Make marker hitscan please i beg of you

marker's hitreg is so unbarebly terrible. In order to not make it broken as hell by giving it hitscan, make the paintball gun have an attack delay more or less equal to a rifle. If that proves too OP, nerf the attack delay to around the level of an awp

I feel like it would be pretty unfun to play if such changes were made, the Marker would easily be mowed down if that was the case. 

If the marker gun was made to be more like a rifle and the marker sniped with it due to it being hitscan it would also be more unfun to play against.

A delay equal to a rifle wouldn't be too viable especially considering everyone can sprint around like headless chickens, giving the marker even more reason to snipe with it.

I think the shitreg balances Marker out quite nicely, and multiple times the community has voted in polls to keep the Marker which shows that people enjoy having it in the game.

If Marker is to be changed, more work would have to be done like possibly an entire rework of the role and adding gimmicky marker-related credit shop items.

I think it is a pretty unique role all things considered, it would be a shame if something happened to it.

If it's going to be fixed, in all likelihood more than just the gun stats would have to be changed to keep it in the spirit of Marker but that's just my opinion.

The only reason marker isn't overpowered is it's lack of hitscan. Think of it, if every hit was basically guaranteed a marker could win in 20 seconds. It would stop feeling like a paintball gun and more like a sniper rifle. I think it'd be better off as a physical projectile, but that's just my 2¢

RosaSignature1.thumb.png.b6809595ab04786c0ec6f011b9d1f862.png

Imma sort of give this a neutral. Although hitscan and several other buffs would be good to make marker less annoying to play as, it will also make it MORE unfun to play AGAINST. It already is unfun to be against marker as you could be a cool role then just lose the game immediately from a marker. Hitscan would be fine if it got another major change to balance it, but until both of those are added I want marker to either stay as it is or be removed.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

This is unnecessary. As a Marker, you come with the ability to bring another Marker into your team. The purpose of the revival for Marker is for better assistance.

Most Markers in Anarchy run on their own instead of reviving an ally. You'd have better win rates if you had someone on your side. Focus on the Army, and the solidarity.

16 hours ago, Alexis said:

This is unnecessary. As a Marker, you come with the ability to bring another Marker into your team. The purpose of the revival for Marker is for better assistance.

Most Markers in Anarchy run on their own instead of reviving an ally. You'd have better win rates if you had someone on your side. Focus on the Army, and the solidarity.

This is 100% false, markers cannot use defibs to revive someone as a marker

^ which is why most anarchy players go solo as marker, because thats how the role works

Just now, Alexis said:

I swear on my life that I remember I had defibbed someone into a Marker.

reviving someone with a defib makes them marked, only way they could have become marker is if it was an unknown and they revived while you were defibbing

I agree the marker needs a fix, but I don't think giving it hitscan is the solution

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png