Nametagg0

Role concept: deputy

Restrictions:

* Cannot use weapons in the 3 slot,
       * Does not have access to 7 slot weapons in its own store, must rely on 2 slots or 7s that are scavenged off the dead.
(this is so that deputy players inherently are more reliant on others to do the damage in an engagement, this restriction is lifted when turned into a sidekick,thrall, or unknown)

*Role is displayed to detectives and evil roles, (this is to prevent jackels from using this role as a free pass to sidekick the detective every game while also painting a target on the deputy's back)

Positives:

starts with 60 armor (as the class is an easy target for evil roles and doesnt have the raw damage output to defend itself the armor gives them a fighting chance)

*has a shop with the following: Armor, Damage resistances(as found in detective shop),Flashbangs,Health Stations,Radar,Sanviches,  (this allows them additional self protection while being able to support Inno allies by providing health)

*spawns with a unique weapon in its 3 slot that disarms the target 

*should all detectives be killed the deputy will turn into a detective, they keep whatever armor they had, and gain one credit for becoming a detective, but loose access to their deputy shop and disarmer (effectively by this point the deputy is either just supporting survivalists or is one of the only few innos left in play and they have effectively outlived the usefulness of their role; may be a route of exposing a defective should a deputy be alive at the same time a defective is alive but all detectives have perished)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       Have been casually reading through forums and people seem to generally want another inno role so I figured id give a go at one: goal is to create an innocent that's better at supporting detectives rather than an "Innocent...but better" role. using a mix of flashbangs,health items, and disarming shots the deputy seeks to deescalate conflicts that that occur in terrorist town rather than participating in them directly as a combatant. 

Posted  Edited by BlazingArson

There technically is already a deputy role (TTT2 Sheriff and Deputy: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1885871635&searchtext=TTT2+Sheriff) we just don't use it.
However I don't think it functions like this, the name would just have to be changed since "Deputy" already exists.

9 minutes ago, Nametagg0 said:

*spawns with a unique weapon in its 3 slot that disarms the target 

Sounds like the Handcuffs (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590909626&searchtext=TTT+Handcuffs) however those are incredibly overpowered as you can just handcuff an opponent and shoot them to death with them not being about to fight back.
Idk if there are other disarming weapons in the workshop that are less OP though

To be honest, I'm overall neutral about this. I like roles that give the person something to DO as an inno (like priest but i hate priest because it's a mobile tester) and this is more just "find t kill t but you cant do as much as a normal detective/innocent since you dont have a primary gun and no shop weapons"
Though I do like the general idea of this.

Edited by BlazingArson

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

3 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

There technically is already a deputy role (TTT2 Sheriff and Deputy: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1885871635&searchtext=TTT2+Sheriff) we just don't use it.
However I don't think it functions like this, the name would just have to be changed since "Deputy" already exists.

funny that was initially going to call it a constable but figured that deputy would work better because more people would know what a deputy is.

5 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

Sounds like the Handcuffs () however those are incredibly overpowered as you can just handcuff an opponent and shoot them to death with them not being about to fight back.
Idk if there are other disarming weapons in the workshop that are less OP though

figured Gmod had something like that already just haven't messed around with it much outside of  the GFL TTT2 server so wasn't sure to the extent they had disarming items,

was hoping the 2 cons would help balance out the disarming since it warns the ts that you can do that before they start firing, aswell as limiting the deputy's damage output since most the 2 slots are lower damage than other weapons

could probably make something similar that just switches the victim to hold a random slot they possess rather than dropping what they were holding, results in a similar effect since they would need 1-2 seconds to switch if they land on 1,5,6, or 8 but would still give a chance to land on 2,3,4 or 7, making it roughly 45% less powerful

18 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

To be honest, I'm overall neutral about this. I like roles that give the person something to DO as an inno (like priest but i hate priest because it's a mobile tester) and this is more just "find t kill t but you cant do as much as a normal detective/innocent since you dont have a primary gun and no shop weapons"
Though I do like the general idea of this.

I didnt want it to be a role that gives off identities specifically because of the priest because if they both spawned with detectives it would be a little unfair to the ts as innos would be able to clear people at super high rates, 

9 minutes ago, Nametagg0 said:

I didnt want it to be a role that gives off identities specifically

no this isn't what I meant
I just meant that I like it when roles can DO something rather than just waiting to kill the evils/killing others
Marker and Priest are two roles that you actively have to do something
Preist is unfortunately the only innocent role that you can DO something without koses

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

8 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

I just meant that I like it when roles can DO something rather than just waiting to kill the evils/killing others
Preist is unfortunately the only innocent role that you can DO something without koses

Actually you do quite a lot as spy, ableit not in the same manner. 

On 1/29/2021 at 3:35 PM, BlazingArson said:

that makes sense, could argue that detectives can do things because of the dna scanner but I could give it some thought to see if i can adapt this into a more active role.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:35 PM, BlazingArson said:

do you know if its possible to make a limited radar? after some thought I think the most fitting mechanic would be some form of investigation that operates similar to the glutton's eating mechanic* but instead of health it gives you one singular red radar ping telling you the location of a random evil/neutral individual**

*I use this as a frame of refference as its similar in structure but execution isnt quite as good, investigation would ideally be a longer timer, maybe 5 seconds rather than the 1 needed for a glutton, and would be on living but wounded individuals rather than dead bodies. so its harder to do as time goes on due to fewer wounded individuals being alive and you have a chance of trying to interrogate a T which will kill you because you are going to sit still for 5 seconds so they definitely have the headshot on you, 

**its random to make it so you cant just have a buddy you use it on over and over to follow the trail so it will likely send you in multiple different directions if you try to use it repeatedly making it so that you can use it to help locate Ts but it isnt overly reliable for identifying them as trying agian will more than likely show you another evil/N role's location assuming there isnt just 3 people left, and its evil/N roles rather than just Ts so it has a chance of showing you a mimics,amnesiacs, and jesters aswell which arnt really Ts but are still not innocent players which helps reduce the effectiveness of this since there is still a chance that you reduce the amount of potential innocents by kosing purely off investigation results while still making it useful.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:06 AM, Cpt.Haxray said:

What you're asking for is the Detective Tracker but without needing to spend 2 credits on it, and with it just screwing over an evil role at random. Terrible idea.

detective tracker only pings once?

On 2/5/2021 at 6:01 AM, Nametagg0 said:

detective tracker only pings once?

I dont think you ever used the Detective tracker shop item so ill give a brief TL:DR.

You get a single shot of it to apply to anyplayer you wish. Right clicking while being close to the player lets you know if they were injured, and if they were injured, who were the ones to injure them. This can easilygive away a sniping T who missed a shot, someone who threw duck grenades, someone taking potshots at a distance, etc, and can also give away a T who is being tracked if you found they were shot by multiple people without saying anything and while said person is currently at full health. 

Your idea is essentially the Detective Tracker, but instead of only applying to the one person at the cost of 2 credits, and only punishing the people who shot said person without killing them(Tracker does not work if the Tracked person dies), it randomly picks an evil role to get screwed over.

14 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

I dont think you ever used the Detective tracker shop item so ill give a brief TL:DR.

You get a single shot of it to apply to anyplayer you wish. Right clicking while being close to the player lets you know if they were injured, and if they were injured, who were the ones to injure them. This can easilygive away a sniping T who missed a shot, someone who threw duck grenades, someone taking potshots at a distance, etc, and can also give away a T who is being tracked if you found they were shot by multiple people without saying anything and while said person is currently at full health. 

Your idea is essentially the Detective Tracker, but instead of only applying to the one person at the cost of 2 credits, and only punishing the people who shot said person without killing them(Tracker does not work if the Tracked person dies), it randomly picks an evil role to get screwed over.

makes sense, was more asking if it were possible to make a radar that only activates once so it wasn't as useful as a normal radar that pings every 30 seconds