MutedMike

Role balance

I have a lot of different ideas on how certain roles can be changed and/or modified to make the game more balanced for the best of the server. This is an open thread, as I would love to hear other people's opinions on it.

First of all, I would like to request a change to the Amnesiac and Mimic role. It says it's a neutral evil, but I believe it should be changed to a true neutral role. Amnesiacs and Mimics do not have win conditions. Their only goal is to turn into another person's role. They do have the ability to kill/be killed without any repercussions, but evil roles' goals are to specifically kill everyone to win. To call Amnesiacs and Mimics evil can be misleading to newer people on the server, and has caused many arguments on the server itself. The roles should also be made so that they don't kill the priest when shot with a holy deagle. Also take out the wrath and beacon roles from the official role thread.

The Executioner is a very cool role on the server. It is one of the more unique roles on the list, and is fun in it of itself, with one huge problem- it is really hard to get credits in the beginning of the game. He is already very limited with who he can kill, so I think it's nothing short of a kick in the face to not allow them to use the t shop. They should be also have a radar that allows them to track their target.

Graverobber is a 50/50 in terms of a good role. You can either be blessed by taking a bad role/regular traitor from you, but if you have a good role, it just sucks. Graverobber should be able to have a radar that shows where the Pharaoh is, so that they have the ability to find the ankh easier. They should also, when transformed into graverobber, be given an extra credit to make things easier for people who have transitioned from a role with no credits.

Make Marker rarer but have hit-scan bullets. It makes the role better for everyone. Trust me.

Randy Rando should spawn/have access to Pot of Greed to give it an extra buff. We all know Randy Rando needs a buff. There's no real argument about it. Pot of Greed buffs the role while not compromising the gimmick of said role.

If there are any suggestions or arguments you have, please let me know! I am open for discussion about these, and I would love to hear other people's opinions on the matter. Just please, be civil. Discussions aren't arguments, and arguments aren't fights. 

-K1P FOR ADMIN

perfection_50.jpg.62e15c78e81618c7be49436b8df5abc9.jpg

Randy is getting a new addition to the shop soon. I have considered the pot of greed from a previous suggestion and may implement that too eventually.

All evil roles will potentially be defaulted to having a radar eventually, good idea for the exe radar too!

All roles that are neutral will always be a KOS anyway for clarity, priest interaction will remain unchanged.

Eventually I will revert graverobber back so only normal traitors or something like that can be converted. Preventing things like glutton losing their special role due to it.

I think that would make marker OP. I am fine with keeping marker as is for now.

The main issue with pot of greed is that it pulls from the role's specific shop. There's no way to put items in a role's shop while not having them being purchasable. The only method to do so would require making a clone of every single  weapon we want included for Randy's shop as its own seperate weapon, and increase the credit cost to a ludirious amount(like 100 credits), which would be both an ugly change and look ugly. I would be down for giving randy a bunch of random themed weapons for their shop and having the Pot of Greed be added then, though(Would need to remove Randogun from the default loadout though). 

The 'Neutral Evil" was added to Amnesiac and Mimic after people kept complaining that "Neutral" made it sound like you couldn't shoot them. It is especially relevant in Amnesiac's case as Amnesiac CAN still murder someone for their role, making the "Neutral evil" part of their role description still make sense(unknown and mimic dont actually gain any benefits from shooting people, so Neutral Evil in said cases make a bit less sense).

Also as for the Priest, that would require a lot of custom edits on our side, which will result in problems if the Priest role ever gets updated again(and it islikely to do so, as it currently has a bugged interaction with Infected). 

Posted  Edited by BlazingArson

Of course this is all my own opinion and I'm open to input!

Roles that are fine how they are

• Of the inno team: Innocent, Detecitve, Spy, Priest, Pharaoh, Survivalist, Lycanthrope
  • Of the traitor team: Traitor, Defective, Mesmerist/Thrall, Glutton 
  • Stand-alone/Neutral: Amnesiac, Unknown, Jackal/Sidekick, Mimic, Infected, SK, Restless

^This is all ignoring bugs and such^

Marker

Honestly I suggest to just remove it. Many people dont use it for it's intended purpose and with playermodels being buggy it's not that fun of a role. I know at least some people like it, but I also know that many people just use it to revive evil roles or to draw.

Skirmisher
Give it a slight buff in the regen, other than that it's fine.

Executioner
I agree with the post, give it a starting credit and if possible a target radar

Jester
Limit the winstates to the ones that respawn right away instead of waiting for your killer to die. Or at least remove the 7th one if it hasn't been removed yet

Doppleganger
Remove the timeframe where they cant kill the unknown they make after making it, if it hasnt been removed yet. I ahvent gotten the role in a while

Randy Rando
Needs a buff, we all know that, I just don't know how to buff it in a way that doesnt make me feel like its not really a role. Giving it a shop just makes it feel like less of a role to me. 

Haunted
Give it a limited traitor shop, it's a fine role but i think it needs this small buff

Problems with graverobber have been mentioned and said will be fixed soon|

Again this is just my opinion

Edited by BlazingArson

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers