Duck.

Duck.'s General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Shoutbox

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Duck 🦆#6455

Why were you banned?: "Slurs, discrimination and harassment"

Why should you be unbanned?

It's been a few months and while I won't apologize for it as I still don't believe I broke any rules (There was a part added on to my ban reason that isn't apart of the rules) but it won't be happening again, I can say that. I was also never informed it was perma ban.

Achievements

I believe the mute should have expired by now (shoutbox mutes must be manually removed however), but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, this appeal doesn't really seem to demonstrate that you understand why it is problematic to have these sorts of arguments in the shoutbox.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Acknowledging that I've seen this.

Happy to be the new co-TL.  I'll admit up front I'd like to see you back with few restrictions, but it's also not right for me to immediately untangle the past work or completely overlook other perspectives; especially when I was not involved in these incidents, and so I don't have the full picture.  You know the drill: We'll be discussing this over Discord to gather just that, to complete that picture, and see what can be done and agreed on if anything at all.  I can't promise anything, but know that I'm rooting for you.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Either way, this appeal doesn't really seem to demonstrate that you understand why it is problematic to have these sorts of arguments in the shoutbox.

It's not that I don't understand, but when you're ignored privately, then you don't really have a choice to make things public. Ben knew about the person treating me like absolute trash and was very toxic based on what he heard from others, yet still decided to promote him because they play together. Made me feel like it's okay for others to treat me bad but if I do it, instant demotion and blacklisting. I was ignored privately for ages by Ben.

Achievements

That was a lot easier than I expected as others are mostly supportive of this.  I wont take credit for that; others are rooting for you to succeed too.  I'll be lifting it very soon.

I hate when people tell me things I already know (or should be obvious)....  but kind of have to do it...  I think you already know this too....  one of the important things about lifting a ban isn't so much getting you off the ban, but the aim to minimize future challenges.  We're all ordinary people we totally get it that there are going to be a few flare ups and I openly complain all the time too.  If there are future challenges please try to work with Senior Moderator+ team to resolve it, which includes Shuruia, Alexis, and Harakoni 🙂  (maybe more coming soon I have my fingers crossed).  This should give you a good selection of people with different perspective or approach on matters, and so hopefully one of us can offer something that is acceptable for both you and the community.  Nobody including myself will just outright do things on their own and so sometimes it takes a little bit of time as we negotiate with the rest of the team hopefully the best outcome for you.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152