Pingu

Pingu's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Pingu#0004

Why were you banned?: "Discord raiding from another community, trolling, etc

Why should you be unbanned?

Here is the link to my discord appeal from a month ago for those who might not be familiar: https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/73839-pingus-general-muteban-appeal/?tab=comments#comment-343953

I'll start by saying I'm not actually appealing the discord ban, but rather the "Community ban" I received from this. Since there is no clear section for these types of bans, I figured here best. Please move if this isn't the correct section, thank you. I'm appealing this because I fail to see how I can raid the discord, seeing as I have been banned from the discord for over a month now (i.e. I literally cannot join even if I wanted to). I get it, you guys don't like me for whatever your reason may be, but I'm genuinely confused by this one. I fully expect to get instantly denied but in a sense, doing so would only prove you simply wish to cast away the people whose opinions you do not agree with. I have never once been racist to anyone, never have I abused my powers while I was a staff member, never have I gone explicitly out of my way to harass any member of the community. I "act up" a bit here and there but I fail to see why you want me gone so badly and in any way how it could result in a community ban. Hence why I see the only possible reason for my ban as an emotionally charged impulse one. Absolutely I associate myself with the other community in question, but unless I am being banned purely off of being a part of said community, I don't see where the reasoning lies for this. Yesterday when I found out about this ban I didn't have much intention to appeal it seeing as I have never really been treated all that fairly in the past so why bother. But I want to use myself as an example and I'm tired of being complacent with it. If you can truly provide evidence that I raided the discord and uphold this ban, then for sure, keep this in place. But you cannot because I have been banned from the discord since May so there is no feasible way I could have posted or done anything within the discord for over a month now.

If this ban is concerning the day I was on the server with some others, I would love to see the evidence of me "trolling" the game. I was barely on b5 for 15 minutes. I have never encouraged anyone from my community to come here and do anything negative. I can potentially understand the ban on one of the people I was with (bj) as he was truly being a minge, but if this is truly the reasoning behind the community ban then why wasn't everyone who was on with me banned equally across the board? Again, to reiterate, I never encouraged anyone to say anything anywhere. Their actions are entirely based on their own decisions. In fact, I actively discouraged them to say anything in your discord in our own discord while speaking to the others involved because the person they were "targeting" was someone I considered to be a genuine guy who has been nothing but nice and helpful to me in my time here. I guess I feel like I have a target painted on my back for simply being a part of the community? I can already take a stab at who will be posting on this, so the only thing I can request is an actual chance to defend myself, unlike last time. I hope I can have a fair appeal and not have certain people post passive-aggressive responses and then have the post locked before I even have a chance to say something.

I'm also curious as to what the "Etc." in my ban stands for. What other offenses did I commit because the only two I can think of were already in the ban reason?

Anyway, it's up to yall that you decide to do ultimately. I made the decision last month to not even speak on your servers anymore, other than radio binds, simply to avoid this sort of thing from possibly occurring. Any staff who has been on with me for the far and few occasions I have been on can attest to this. I guess I'm just sincerely confused about how I could possibly receive this. I fail to see how I can troll a server badly enough to warrant a community ban without ever saying anything, so please enlighten me.

Achievements

What I’m seeing so far is that this is related to a community ban, which is above my scope.  I’ll have to look into it further to see what I can do if anything at all.

For the things in my domain…. the picture i’m seeing does show something that looks like a raid.  I’m on my phone right now so posting a picture is hard but can you comment on that for me were you part of a raid or what was going on how did you get involved?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Pingu

13 hours ago, Joshy said:

What I’m seeing so far is that this is related to a community ban

Correct this is about a community ban, but as I said I didn't see any dedicated section to making those kinds of appeals. Maybe I'm blind idk, but since discord was mentioned in the reasoning I figured best here if anywhere.

I’ll have to look into it further to see what I can do if anything at all.

Thank you.

For the things in my domain…. the picture i’m seeing does show something that looks like a raid.  I’m on my phone right now so posting a picture is hard but can you comment on that for me were you part of a raid or what was going on how did you get involved?

For sure. The tldr is some members from the community in question that I am also apart of decided to troll in the discord for whatever reason. The issue with me is that I was not apart of this, and I already have an existing discord ban in place as linked at the top of my post since May. So my confusion lies in that I don't know how I could have trolled/raided the discord seeing as I've been banned for over a month now without it being uplifted. 

Edited by Pingu

Achievements

Your game server ban has been removed, but your Discord ban will remain on the ground for bragging about getting staff leaks. 

Closed. 

76561198043643390.png

• Ben locked this topic