hdscorpio

hdscorpio's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by hdscorpio - Edit Reason: Adding further information.

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

HDScorpio#3932

Why were you banned?: I was banned for joking with Karkles and Dink about an argument that we had previously had, no feelings were hurt and nobody was mad or angry during the conversation. At no point did any moderator tell us to stop.

Why should you be unbanned?

I think I should be unmuted because

1) We weren't even arguing during the 2nd "infraction", nobody was mad as I've said. Nobody's feelings were hurt. Nobody was even the slightest bit miffed.
2) The reason given is rule 10. The original gags were because we continued an argument after being told to stop in like October.
3) We didn't continue an argument and Karkle's may have been baiting me, but I decided to joke around and join in with it instead of holding onto old beef.
4) Nobody actually told us to stop. Does someone telling us to stop arguing over a month ago really carry to having a JOKY conversation about said argument?

Basically the entire situation made little to no sense given the context of what was happening. We were joking about it almost all night with literal council members and countless, if not literally all of the, discord moderators saying a single thing, but then the moderator who gagged us flies out of nowhere and throws down the banhammer. I'm really confused about the entire situation and why the moderator in question felt the need to punish me way after the fact when nobody actually involved in the conversation was mad.

https://discord.com/channels/505196032687079434/559144784652926996/915703116144463892
Even here you can see a discord moderator engaging with us when we were also joking about it?

Also I was muted for 1d for 2nd infraction, Dink was muted for 12h despite also being a 2nd infraction. This is super inconsistent and tells me the moderator who muted me didn't actually have any understanding of the original situation.

Can I get some clarity on why the need to gag us existed and how I broke rule 10?

Edit to add: Other discord moderators are framing what we did as starting drama. I imagine thats the current vibe amongst all the discord moderators.
(seen here: https://discord.com/channels/505196032687079434/559144784652926996/916060927504302120)

I wasn't in any way shape or form trying to incite drama.

If anyone was trying to incite drama, it was Karkles here: 
https://discord.com/channels/505196032687079434/559144784652926996/915692940750360596

*note that in the above I am not trying to get Karkles into trouble with this, merely highlighting inconsistencies.
You can note that she wasn't punished then, either. So retrospectively the moderator has decided to apply a punishment for reasons that they are unwilling to disclose. 

I also find it super weird that despite Karkles trying to bait me into being upset again, I'm still being punished for instead joking along with her and not getting mad. If I got mad I'd understand, but really I didn't.

Edited by hdscorpio
Adding further information.

Good to know that discord mods are allowed to arbitrarily ban someone for doing the right thing (joking instead of getting mad after being baited) and the appeal isn’t even looked at within the timeframe of the ban. And they can justify it with use of “Rule 10” - and despite their team lead reading this thread still haven’t offered a proper justification

let that set in everyone - if someone’s baiting you just go fuckin ham and get the same punishment anyways, I wish I did instead of having a laugh and getting 24hr mute on my record for nothing. 

I just read this thread so i’m little confused how I was brought up.  Let me take a look into this since I was not directly involved.

Some notes based on what I’ve read so far up front…. I think you may find the above useful.  Again i’ll need to look into your situation more thoroughly before I can provide any valuable comments or actions on this.  Thanks.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

I just read this thread so i’m little confused how I was brought up.  Let me take a look into this since I was not directly involved.

Some notes based on what I’ve read so far up front…. I think you may find the above useful.  Again i’ll need to look into your situation more thoroughly before I can provide any valuable comments or actions on this.  Thanks.

Sorry, thought that Ben was TL.

Shorts summary:

October - DINK and Karkles bait me hard with comments about loli, I get muted and so does DINK for not stopping after being told to stop (arguing).
2 days ago - I call rot mad for CR stuff, Karkles replies loli, I decide to joke around that night instead of get mad, several mods present, one even engaging with us on this topic.
Yesterday - I am mentioned with reference to loli by both Karkles and DINK at 5AM my time. Later I joke around about it with them a bit more. I also happen to call out a moderator for insulting a user, breaching COC. A few hours later we I am muted and so is Karkles for baiting. Dink is later muted for the same offence but for 12hr - despite us both having the exact same history and this being the exact same "rule breach" ( think this was corrected to 24hrs in fairness ). 

My main issue is that I was never muted for baiting - ever - so how is it my 2nd offence. I also honestly believe that the moderator in question actually had no idea who I was and didn't realise that I was actually the one that got baited last time, not that did the baiting. 

Apologies for the mess of a thread, I didn't actually put any effort into formatting it and it read that way.

I'm open to discuss this properly and privately if the need arises - but I do feel like I was done a disservice by being muted for 24hrs for something I didn't actually do and I do believe that the discord moderators should at least hold themselves to a high enough standard to justify a punishment when asked - especially when said punishment is as random as that was (hours after the conversation and only after I called them out for something). 

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Okay.  Whoops.  I'm being bad.  You're right: Ben is the Team Leader too.  I can't speak for him, but I can understand sometimes I'm taking a look at an appeal and will try to look at the evidence or talk to other moderators first so that we can (hopefully) make reasonably good decisions.

I heard the other two received the same punishment... it may have been adjusted right after.  I'm not 100% certain on that, but we'll concentrate on your situation and see what we can do for you.  I'm going to see if I can some get other people to join us such as @flying4ssassin, @DrakoHD, @Alexis, and @Lonely because they might be more familiar with your situation better than me.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hello. We apologize for the time it took to come to a decision. Your punishment was removed and turned into a warning. Please be more careful next time and try to avoid these things in the future.

Appeal 
accepted. (Turned into a warning.)