vertx123

Suggestion during map votes

Can you add visibility into who selected what option during map votes. There needs to be some accountability when players chose not to extend a map, especially when you've thrown others' efforts into a dumpster.

1 hour ago, Skadoosh said:

sometimes

ok buddy, maybe start playing on the server, "admin". The only way unpopular maps get extended nowadays if someone with strong influence yells. 

Also, why do you anticipate there to be more yelling? If there are a lot of new players not accustomed to extending, then it's fine, but at least it would be clear what the state of the server is. If you are a regular that understand the game mode and know that certain maps are rarely played or beaten, and vote not to extend just for the memes or because fuck the rest, despite others putting a lot of effort, then you deserve more than just yelling. Accountability.

To answer your question though: "What would be the goal of this?"

In a best case scenario, players would take more responsibility when selecting an option, if voting is transparent. A lot of the time, votes are lost by a margin of 1-2. You don't want to be that one person that everyone yells at for ruining the game with a decider vote, especially if you actively play on the server. 

This could make little difference, but it would be an attempt to improve something. If you have other suggestions, please write them down. If you consider it normal to not extend a map that half of the server has been committed to, and switch to a map that nobody wants to play, that gets changed after 5-10 minutes, then idk what to say. This is becoming a very noticeable pattern, with any map outside of the pool of regular picks played 3 times a week, and especially on Sundays.

Posted  Edited by WheresWaldo
5 hours ago, vertx123 said:

Also, why do you anticipate there to be more yelling? .... If you are a regular that understand the game mode and know that certain maps are rarely played or beaten, and vote not to extend just for the memes or because fuck the rest, despite others putting a lot of effort, then you deserve more than just yelling. Accountability.

It's called democracy. If you don't like the way a vote went, go play on a different server. Don't look for someone to start a fight with.

And what exactly is "accountability" in this circumstance? It sounds exactly like yelling and fighting.

2 hours ago, vertx123 said:

If you consider it normal to not extend a map that half of the server has been committed to, and switch to a map that nobody wants to play, that gets changed after 5-10 minutes, then idk what to say. This is becoming a very noticeable pattern, with any map outside of the pool of regular picks played 3 times a week, and especially on Sundays.

If the server doesn't want to play it we don't. Just because YOU want to keep playing it doesn't mean WE want to. It's simple. Not everyone has a desire to beat every map they play.

No, picking fights with those you don't agree with will solve nothing, and likely make them vote just to spite you for doing it. It would also be incredibly spammy.

Edited by WheresWaldo

yo dumbass, you have 18 hours on the server in the past 30 days. If you are so happy with the server state why do you not join more often? Your "democracy" is rotting the server and making the try-hard players leave. Also why are you so scared of some transparency. Are you one of those shitters that don't extend

9 hours ago, vertx123 said:

ok buddy, maybe start playing on the server, "admin".

I do

9 hours ago, vertx123 said:

Also, why do you anticipate there to be more yelling?

6 hours ago, vertx123 said:

A lot of the time, votes are lost by a margin of 1-2. You don't want to be that one person that everyone yells at for ruining the game with a decider vote

Kind of answered your own question

Like I said, I agree it can be annoying when people don’t extend but making a list of people who don’t vote the same way as you isn’t a good idea 

2 hours ago, vertx123 said:

yo dumbass, you have 18 hours on the server in the past 30 days. If you are so happy with the server state why do you not join more often? Your "democracy" is rotting the server and making the try-hard players leave. Also why are you so scared of some transparency. Are you one of those shitters that don't extend

You stay angry.

1 hour ago, WheresWaldo said:

You stay angry.

And you go back to your family cave, fucking mistake of nature acting like a smart ass provocative bitch, trying to diverge a serious topic. Where's Waldo, I will tell you where - no one gives a shit.

3 hours ago, Skadoosh said:

Like I said, I agree it can be annoying when people don’t extend but making a list of people who don’t vote the same way as you isn’t a good idea 

This is not even about making people vote my preferable maps, it's about eradicating this mentality of voting against extend on purpose, not because you are going to enjoy the next map, but because it's the "funny" thing to do, get folks angry. No one is making any lists here, this is all about discouraging folks from this bad practice.

What is with the hostility in some of your responses? People are just trying to give different perspectives to your question and providing their input as a response. Yet, you seem to be angrily disputing everything said if it's not in accordance with your point of view.

And, to respond to your question, I've seen this setting enabled on multiple different ZE servers. It really accomplishes nothing. All it does is show who voted for what and then people go post those votes in chat for everyone to see and laugh at. If anything, this would potentially enable further harassment for the players on the server, which some players have complained about as of recent.

It's when people that don't even play on the server start giving you a freedom speech, that pisses me off.

If I recall correctly, this setting was enabled on SG. That server had its own issues, but extending was not one of them. Also, this pattern of last second revotes leading to maps not being extended by a margin of 1-2, this is not something you'd see on other servers. It's also not something a new player would do, this is indicator of regulars trying to outplay others and get the map voted-off just for the memes.

If there are such concerns about making the voting visible and exposing the folks that consistently do this, then at least do the opposite. Hide the numbers during the actual map vote.

8 hours ago, vertx123 said:

And you go back to your family cave, fucking mistake of nature acting like a smart ass provocative bitch, trying to diverge a serious topic. Where's Waldo, I will tell you where - no one gives a shit.

Aw muffin, show me on the doll where he touched you. You're safe here.

24 minutes ago, vertx123 said:

It's when people that don't even play on the server start giving you a freedom speech, that pisses me off.... this is not something you'd see on other servers.

Wait, -I- don't play ZE? Maybe you should actually join the server instead of crying there junior. I'm in the top 90 players for playtime in GFL ZE.. If you like other servers better, play there.

Stop crying and lashing out like a little kid because you're upset. Upset over ZE suggestions people disagree with.

Edited by WheresWaldo

28 minutes ago, WheresWaldo said:

Aw muffin, show me on the doll where he touched you. You're safe here.

Is this supposed to be some pedophile terminology that you've learned in a gay bar, I don't get it

28 minutes ago, WheresWaldo said:

I'm in the top 90 players for playtime in GFL ZE

No way, actual legend

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Waldo [M as in Mancy]/216.52.148.47:27015/

22 minutes ago, vertx123 said:

Is this supposed to be some pedophile terminology that you've learned in a gay bar, I don't get it

No way, actual legend

I know when you're angry and upset reading can be tough. Unfortunately for you, the solution also involves basic arithmetic so you are SOL on figuring this doozie of a problem out.

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Waldo/216.52.148.47:27015/

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Waldo [faxon]/216.52.148.47:27015/

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Waldo [Punching nekos donut]/216.52.148.47:27015/

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Waldo [Cats and dogs!!]/216.52.148.47:27015/

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Waldo [Ken the fat ass cry baby]/216.52.148.47:27015/

Your 18 hours is as laughable as your voting suggestion. Yep, 6/7 top waldo playtimes are all my aliases. 

Don't be upset at being wrong. You're so good at it.

Oh and that admin you called out for not playing, even higher playtime (top 50) - https://www.gametracker.com/player/Skadoosh/216.52.148.47:27015/

You're just so good at being wrong.

Edited by WheresWaldo

10 minutes ago, WheresWaldo said:

Unfortunately for you, the solution also involves basic arithmetic

actual math genius, flexing his 1000 hours all time. I am aware of Skadoosh gaming hours as well. He is a good admin, just present only at the late hours when the issue is not as prominent. Either way, my discussion with you is actually pointless, so I am ending it here

To my last point:

1 hour ago, vertx123 said:

If there are such concerns about making the voting visible and exposing the folks that consistently do this, then at least do the opposite. Hide the numbers during the actual map vote.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:29 PM, vertx123 said:

Can you add visibility into who selected what option during map votes. There needs to be some accountability when players chose not to extend a map, especially when you've thrown others' efforts into a dumpster.

People who do this are well known and pretty vocal on voice and chat influencing others vote, I don't think you need a system for that.

Now why they do that it's another thing.

dude chill
I mean you got the point but recently ze in the west in general is dying, while Chinese servers are thriving and gaining more players every single day

even though they beating us, we're still top 1 ze server if not counting any Chinese servers.

also

On 2/9/2022 at 2:03 AM, WheresWaldo said:

Your 18 hours is as laughable as your voting suggestion. Yep, 6/7 top waldo playtimes are all my aliases. 

On 2/8/2022 at 1:13 PM, vertx123 said:

imagine you guys caring so much about playtime on server, thinking that you're pro

dude having like 999999k playtime on server doesn't mean you're good at it

what about kz player, former css player that recently joined? is that mean that they aren't good too?

also btw waldo what you said is such an irony, lmao

any luff maps -> ff maps -> random tryhard maps -> tryhard laser maps that isn't ff or irrelevant ff maps -> random tryhard map -> mars_escape -> atix_panic -> any surf maps -> crazy_escape -> atix apocalypse -> minas tirith -> random casual maps -> shroomforest 123 -> platformer -> repeat

On 2/8/2022 at 1:13 PM, vertx123 said:

i'm kinda disagree with this because this server used to be even more populated before stuff like special cd for some maps, shared cd, player requirement being added
and that's even more democracy because you can basically playing any map at anytime also all maps have same cd

any luff maps -> ff maps -> random tryhard maps -> tryhard laser maps that isn't ff or irrelevant ff maps -> random tryhard map -> mars_escape -> atix_panic -> any surf maps -> crazy_escape -> atix apocalypse -> minas tirith -> random casual maps -> shroomforest 123 -> platformer -> repeat

4 hours ago, GXP-10 said:

imagine you guys caring so much about playtime on server, thinking that you're pro

dude having like 999999k playtime on server doesn't mean you're good at it

what about kz player, former css player that recently joined? is that mean that they aren't good too?

also btw waldo what you said is such an irony, lmao

WTF kid, where did I say I was pro? You're reading and responding to shit I never said.  I don't care about former css or kz players, they have -0- to do with my playtime. You got that off a comment over a comment accusing me (and skadoosh) of not playing, despite being one of the most active players and me backing my play time. You should learn to read and understand what you are reading. YOU are equating playtime to skill, NO one else is. Try and keep up.

I also do not think you know what irony means, but please, enlighten me, show me what you think I said is ironic. I mean, you've already failed at reading comprehension, it can only get funnier.

Edited by WheresWaldo