Brazy

cr0ckett's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by cr0ckett - Edit Reason: english + clarification

Steam Name(s): Alamo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:452836376

Admin that banned you: Web

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Ban

Why should you be unbanned?

I have been banned for 2 weeks for exploiting a double boost. I did not know this boost was bannable until after I did it when a player that was better than me told me. I thought it was a tech at first when I saw some chick do it. When I noticed I was 3 seconds ahead of the record on the last ramp, I inted my run as to not mess up the record.  The main reason I think I should be unbanned is because the ban says "abused exploit to get a higher rank" which is wrong.

Edited by cr0ckett
english + clarification

The ban reason was not wrong. There was no other reason to use the exploit. The only thing “wrong” that was done was not reporting your exploited time since you used an advantage to get a rank you wouldn’t normally get without. 

Posted  Edited by cr0ckett

When I heard someone else was reporting the glitch to you, I assumed I didn't have to report it myself. I assumed right considering you banned me for it. Could I at least get a reduced ban time? I'm here for the community, not much for the surf. I was banned from surfing, but the part that sucks is that I'm banned from talking to the people I like talking to for two weeks.

Edited by cr0ckett

Please don't ban me for this. It was not malicious. I have no past records of attempting to abuse maps for a better rank. Could you please let me off with a warning?

Just because someone else reports it doesn't mean I just magically know all the times that also did it. If you don't report it then all I have is just assumptions that x person thought they could get away with it since it wasn't the record. 

3 hours ago, cr0ckett said:

I did not know, and now I do. It will not happen again. Please unban me and let me off with a warning.

Sorry you never replied to me so I didn't get a ping for you responding. I'm removing the ban but next time you see someone doing something that obviously looks like exploiting try to not follow along. All that comes from that is more time taken from me (which makes me end up not wanting to do unban appeals when all you had to do was not do it)