MutedMike

MutedMike's Discord Appeal

Which Discords(s) are you appealing?: 

GFL GMOD

Discord username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

MutedMike#7715

Why was action taken against you?: 

I got muted for posting a meme with the "c" slur in it, and it got flagged by a discord mod and I got muted for 12 hours. This is the meme: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/817179873642676295/979829063348793404/20220527_002323.jpg

Why should the action be reversed or reduced?

Considering the fact that the r slur is far more recognized as a slur by the better part of the GMOD division than the c slur, and that the former is allowed to be said freely without repercussions while the latter is subject to a mute, I find it comes off as inconsistent and biased when one slur is allowed but another, less hurtful, and easily argued as not a slur (won't get into that here since it'll turn into a politics thing and arguments rooted under the pretense of politics never get anywhere), I think it should either be overturned or the policy on the r slur reconsidered.

perfection_50.jpg.62e15c78e81618c7be49436b8df5abc9.jpg

Hi Mike. Apologies for late response (had to wait to hear back from some people),

Knowing that my standpoint is slightly conflicted with your appeal (since I did the mute), I spoke with several other GMOD moderators, who all voted in favor of denying your appeal.

Please understand as well, I don't think it makes much sense to start comparing different slurs to each other. What you said is considered to be a racial slur based on the context involved, which have historically not been allowed on our platforms. 

Your mute will remain as the previously established 12 hour duration. 

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)