Nabandonne

Nabandonne's Discord Appeal

Which Discords(s) are you appealing?: 

GMOD

Discord username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Nabby#4668

Why was action taken against you?: 

I posted a meme that said the word "masturbator" and featured Jesus Christ in a hospital as a nurse, rushing to save a patient into the ER, while proclaiming that the Masturbator shouldn't have sinned, and that it was "too late for him"

Why should the action be reversed or reduced?

This is my third minor warn. I am unsure of whether or not this leads to a major, since according to another admin, there is no clear definition for what justifies a major or if a minor will turn into a major.

Also, this barely qualifies, if at all, as a rule 6 warn, nor a TOS Violation. There was no over sexual imagery at all, no morbidity (whatever that means in this context???) nor no nudity at all, as stated for the rule. I've gone through the link placed within the rule, and saw nothing that I could violate with my image.

I'd like the warn repealed.

Yours truly,
The Cruel Shark Lord, Nabandonne.

I'll take ownership of the warn that you received.  It was my recommendation in alignment with the rules and that have been enforced for a long while now I think for about a year.  I personally don't like the rule, and I don't think I've come across any leadership member who can agree 100% on all the rules (myself included), but to minimize the risk of bias we all enforce the same rules, and this is one of them.  I do wish if people would like to change the rules they can do it the right way by discussing it first instead of doing it the wrong way by taking a risk or testing the waters.  Please do it the right way in the future and especially with less infraction history to more strongly back your claims.

I do think good news is on the way for you, but the team is working on alignment.

Our team regularly recalibrates on these issues such as the one you're currently involved in now, and we're enjoying this sweet spot with a rotation of leadership.  The team has been interested in easing up on these rules for a while and it looks like the timing might work out positively for you even though this happened a little bit too early.  Please give Shuruia some time to respond.

Spoiler

So far as the minor and major discussion: I'm not sure why you brought that up or how it would benefit your appeal.  It doesn't.  If you're making a statement about pictures and the severity of content being naturally subjective (with the exception of obviously extreme cases), then yes you are right.  It is subjective.  Our team regularly recalibrates on these topics as a very practical way to stay up to date.  Some things that were minor back then are major now, and the converse is true too.  This isn't a useful discussion for appeal though especially if you have a minor infraction.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I agree that this is mild enough that it shouldn't have been acted upon. You should be aware though that the GMod Discord in particular is sensitive to this kind of thing due to recent history with certain people pushing the boundaries of what we can tolerate relating to sexual content/terms. I am aiming to break this precedent in the long-term, but I do understand why the moderator in this situation did what they did in the short-term. As Joshy already mentioned, your history with rule 6 also played a part in this.

Your warn will be repealed, but be mindful of how the server culture is at present so you don't eat another infrac.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements