justanbobody

Old GFLClan Breach server

I remember the old days of GFL Clan Breach, there used to be a breach server. Is there any way to access the old server?  Has anyone hosted any clone servers of it?  I had a lot of fun on there back in the day, and I just... I really miss it, man.  

I would love to host it again but problem is it would need to be redone from scratch and that is demotivating, bc even with the database of old breach existing, it has a lot of long running issues.

Plus maps would still be incredibly limited.

Is there any way I could get running a gfl breach clone where I could just host it every time me and a few friends wanna play it?  With like the old gfl breach gun locations and like spawns and old video game scp thing?  I still remember all the spawning locations, and site-19 my beloved.  I also remember site-62 just not as well.  

22 hours ago, justanbobody said:

Is there any way I could get running a gfl breach clone where I could just host it every time me and a few friends wanna play it?  With like the old gfl breach gun locations and like spawns and old video game scp thing?  I still remember all the spawning locations, and site-19 my beloved.  I also remember site-62 just not as well.  

There is a public archive of the content used on GFL Breach, which you can find here: https://gitlab.gflclan.com/aurora/gflbreach

Note that not everything is here as it may have been a paid addon.

Achievements

20 hours ago, justanbobody said:

Do you know if there'd be any way to run that in a like server that you just host like through the default?  Like where you do singleplayer but make it multiplayer?

You should be able to set up a server by going into "Start New Game", selecting how many players can join, then checking on "Peer-to-Peer" and "Peer-to-Peer: Friends Only". Once you start the server up, you can invite your friends to join you. Note that your friends will also have to download the content on Gitlab themselves as none of this is on the Steam workshop, meaning that it won't download automatically.

There's also a collection of workshop items found here, but I wouldn't suggest using it as it doesn't contain everything: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2203657345

Achievements

19 hours ago, justanbobody said:

I know that, but how'd that work?  Would I have to go into the files and manually put them in the gmod mods folder?  Or something?  

You would put the files into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons", then restart GMOD to activate the addons.

Achievements