Son of Odd

ROLE IDEA: The Double Crosser

Posted  Edited by Son of Odd - Edit Reason: added in some balancing and some extra info

I am going to keep this short. I have no fucking idea how to code so I'm just throwing it out there because I think it would be neat and simple.

The Double Crosser is a half innocent team, half traitor team role. It would be rare. They start out as Innocent not knowing that they are the Double Crosser, along with the Traitors knowing who the Double Crosser is with a red glow around the Double Crosser. It is not indicated at round start that there is a Double Crosser, except to the Traitors as previously mentioned. If it turns out this role is too OP for some reason, then that can be changed. The Traitors must work to avoid putting the Double Crosser in a scenario where they would be deemed suspicious and keep the Double Crosser alive until they turn, along with avoiding getting themselves killed by the Double Crosser itself. The Traitors must also avoid killing the Double Crosser. Since the Double Crosser only knows that they are an Innocent until they turn, the Double Crosser will still carry out their Innocent duties (such as killing Traitors) until they change into a Traitor. This is where the twist comes in.

Once about half the Traitors have died (I will detail specifics later), the Double Crosser switches from the Innocent team to the Traitor team (with their role now revealed as Double Crosser on the HUD where it shows your role) with one credit and body armor after 6 seconds. Something like the Pharoah revive timer or the Unknown revive timer will show up instead of just instantly turning them into a Double Crosser. They have a small chance to either be the Gambler or the Executioner upon turning, something like 10% or 5%. They have an even SMALLER chance of 1% to become the Serial Killer with two credits, just to keep the anarchy going. There can also only be one Double Crosser in a round.

Specifics of Double Crosser team switch are as follows:

• 1 Traitor - Double Crosser can not happen if there are only enough players for one Traitor.
  • 2 Traitors - Turn into a T after one T dies.
  • 3 Traitors - Turn into a T after two Traitors die.
  • 4 Traitors - Turn into a T after two Traitors die.
  • 5 Traitors - Turn into a T after three Traitors die.
  • 6 Traitors - Turn into a  T after three Traitors die.
  • 7 Traitors - Turn into a T after four Traitors die.
  • 8 Traitors - Turn into a T after four Traitors die.
  • 9 Traitors - Turn into a T after five Traitors die. ──┐           Five and six instead of five and five is intentional.
  • 10 Traitors - Turn into a T after six Traitors die. ──┘

A Mimic can not spawn alongside a Double Crosser. If an Amnesiac or Drunk turn into a Double Crosser before they switch from the Innocent team to the Traitor team, they will switch from the Innocent team to the Traitor team when the prerequisites are met. If a Doppelganger doppels a Double Crosser, both Doppelgangers will turn into "Traitors" when the prerequisites are met.

Some sidenotes are that I think it would be cool that if the Double Crosser is the last one alive, they get their own unique DOUBLE CROSSER WINS end card thing. If they turned into a Gambler, Executioner, or Serial Killer instead of the normal Double Crosser role, then it will still show as DOUBLE CROSSER WINS. Similar to how it shows that Doppelganger won instead of the team of the role that they doppel'd.

The small chance to become Serial Killer or Gambler or Executioner can be removed to simplify the role if that deems it too OP, along with the spawning with body armor thing.

Hope you like my idea! Just a fun little thing I thought of.

Edited by Son of Odd
added in some balancing and some extra info

I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity.

COOLvincent.gif

I really don't think we need more evil roles right now. Especially not a role that starts innocent and turns T.

39 minutes ago, Son of Odd said:

(killing Ts only if necessary)

There's no incentive for the Double Crosser to stop them from killing Ts. Of course the Ts will probably avoid killing them but if they see a T doing T things there's no reason for them not to kill the T to speed up their turn into a traitor.

Why not make them not know they are double crosser? Before the switch they are just a normal innocent gameplay wise, so why tell them their role? It'd be more interesting imo if they don't know and it really doesn't change their gameplay if they do know.

Overall, I think this is a decent role idea. It's like an upgraded version of the Wrath role we used to have. But I don't think we need more evils at the moment.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

Posted  Edited by Son of Odd - Edit Reason: making my writing more coherent
40 minutes ago, Rhysin_ said:

Why not make them not know they are double crosser? Before the switch they are just a normal innocent gameplay wise, so why tell them their role? It'd be more interesting imo if they don't know and it really doesn't change their gameplay if they do know.

Yeah, I agree that it's a much better idea for them to not know that they are the Double Crosser. Can be better for hiding their innocence as well, because once they turn they can be "confirmed inno" if they killed a T and probably get away with things a little easier. In hindsight, it made little sense for them to know that they are Double Crosser.

Edited by Son of Odd
making my writing more coherent

I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity.

COOLvincent.gif

Posted  Edited by Son of Odd

Yeah, about the Sleeper. I didn't know it even existed, along with Roider that you mentioned in the Buster post, until after laying the groundwork for both and seeing if something similar already existed. Sleeper didn't seen TOO similar because Sleeper is more like a very situational last chance for the Ts, compared to a role that is kept alive and out of danger by the Ts to potentially gain a new member, all while not incriminating themselves with the Double Crosser so they don't get killed by it. If it happens then, oh well, that was something I intentionally designed with the role. All roles have their strengths and weaknesses!     

except Doomslayer :troll:

Edited by Son of Odd

COOLvincent.gif