Son of Odd

ROLE IDEA: The Buster

Posted  Edited by Son of Odd - Edit Reason: added some balancing

Coming up with the Double Crosser got my creative juices flowing, so I came up with the Buster. I'm going to be churning out more stuff as the days go on so get ready to read my genius ideas.

“Who needs a firearm when I was born with two killing machines?”

The Buster is an uncommon role on the Innocent team that is similar to Infected and Awoken in terms of form, not function. If the Buster spawns it replaces one of the Lookouts to prevent an overload of insta-proven Innocent roles. That is why it is uncommon. Or someone could figure out how to properly balance its spawn conditions.

The Buster starts with 125 health instead of the usual 100, 15% movement speed boost, and 5% bullet damage resistance. These stats can be adjusted/balanced if needed. 

The Buster can not pick up weapons, instead it has a pair of Brawler Fists that have two attacks. A left click normal attack and a right click special attack with a cooldown. Note: the Brawler Fists do not ignore armor.

The Brawler Fists left click attack acts like the Lazarus Fists. It attacks a little slower than the Lazarus Fists and does 15 damage a hit. This means that on an un-armored opponent the Buster would need to deal 7 left click hits to kill someone, and about 10 left click hits to kill someone with armor. The speed at which the left click attack hits and how much damage it does can be adjusted/balanced if needed.

The Brawler Fists right click attack is a special attack with a cooldown. The right click does 30 damage a hit and acts like an uppercut, sending the person being attacked flying up in the air with a height equal to slightly shorter than the height of a playermodel/player hitbox. The Buster can use this to disorient whoever they are attacking, to buy themself time to get away to a safer location and recover sprint or health, or to gain an advantage by not allowing the person the Buster is attacking to run away or strafe. The cooldown on the right click attack would be 5 seconds, a stat which can be adjusted/balanced if needed.

I considered an alternative right click attack where it sends the person being attacked flying backwards and off the ground a tiny bit instead of straight up. This could be used to gain distance to run away and recover sprint or health, knock someone up against a wall which would do 5 extra damage (idk how that would be coded in or if it could even be coded in at all, if not then the 5 extra damage part could be left out), or to send some poor schmuck flying off an edge. I don’t know, I like the uppercut better, but tell me what you guys think.

I hope you guys think this idea is fun and worthy enough to be in the game!

Sidenote: the uppercut would DEFINITELY play some sort of dumb sound effect. Perhaps this?

Edited by Son of Odd
added some balancing

I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity.

COOLvincent.gif

I think the name is great. Other ideas that might be less controversial may be "Boxer" or "Brawler". These two give a decent understanding of the role's purpose while being less-memeable.

I have no opinions of the role itself, just been thinking over the name "Buster," as we had discussed in-game earlier.

Similar to Roider Role except with fists and innocent role. Not much practical use because most firefights last for 3-7 seconds, which is hard to get 7-10 hits off, and even with buffs its still a hard role to play, and would only act as a debuff for the innocent team.

IR most likely unfun role to play as, ends up hurting team.

image.thumb.png.c48a49d133ca2de4f95ebcdb6d362109.png

i AM the bloxburg news reporter

image.png.f48aadd0b49e38d5cc4e0f6f3e924084.png

https://swnexus.carrd.co/

Posted  Edited by Son of Odd

Thanks for your feedback! As I said, I left it open for buffs and nerfs, and it seems like it would definitely need to be buffed in the damage and/or fire rate department. I can see how it would be a hard role to play as; I think it would actually be a fun role to get, especially when you think about the mildly disappointed ugh everyone mumbles to themselves when they see Lookout or Skirmisher in the bottom right corner of their screen. In all honesty, I was aiming for uniqueness and variety, not practicality. And it doesn't have to be practical to be good and/or fun (unless you're doppelganger:neckbeard:)! Who doesn't love running around punching stuff in the face? Probably a good amount of people. Anyways, I can see this role being pretty decent if mastered (it will probably never be implemented though, unless I learn how to code).

Edited by Son of Odd

I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity.

COOLvincent.gif