MysteryBox

MysteryBox's CS2 ZE Admin Application

Name: MysteryBox
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41406823
Discord Handle: mysterybox123

Server Playtime: 20d 52m 5s

Your timezone: ET

What time of the day are you usually on ZE? Day and Night ET

Do you have any unique skill sets that can help with maintaining/improving the server? Coding knowledge
Some experience in graphic design

Are you in school or already in the workforce? Workforce

Are you able to understand any other languages besides English? conversational spanish

Why do you want to become an admin?

We are at a pretty big deficit when it comes to active admins on the server. Most of the admins from ~1 year ago are no longer active / have resigned, and there is still a big gap in admin availability, especially during the daytime Eastern Time.

I have played on the server for many years now, and continue to be active day to day. It is time that I get more involved and give back to the server, helping to moderate and keep it a fun place for everyone. I have experience being an admin on servers before (albeit not on CS:GO), and have the maturity level to deal with people causing issues on the server.  I believe I have interacted with most if not all the admins (probably most exposure to Dreama recently, and DeathNote from when he was online more), and feel like I have what it takes to be an admin.

One specific thing I would like to do is to have more ZE Events (perhaps once CS2 is fully pushed out), as it seems like this aspect of the server has not been as active as in the past. I found these events to be a really fun way to get everyone together, and an ability to test out new maps that no one has beaten yet (that 2-server Santa Extreme event comes to mind). One specific idea I have is to do an event with MagmaDrake, as we have not gotten too far on it as a server.

I'm happy to answer any questions / concerns the current team has.

P.S.

I was recently removed from the ZE Leaders group for "vote influencing", though as discussed in Discord a while back, this was largely a misunderstanding and not a reflection on my day to day. I have been active on the server for 4+ years, and have led many maps and helped many players who are new, and think this is just a temporary blemish on my record that has been addressed already.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I really see the enthusiasm on you to become part of the team and how much you been playing on the server

Cant say that much about the negatives besides that influencing incident that has been dealt with

With that said

Wish you the best and good luck on this application process.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, Rod! 

Apologies for the late reply - I'm not getting notifications on this post for some reason.

Ben - to your question, we have definitely played together numerous times. Think I've mostly seen you on for try-hard type map runs where there wasn't a ton of voice chat other than the leader. We haven't had a ton of direct interaction but we've overlapped on the server a ton.

• Vauff changed the title to MysteryBox's CS2 ZE Admin Application
  • 2 months later...

Updating my response since it has been a while.

Still Neutral

Haven't been able to see you on the server yet. I am not sure if you still play on the cs2 server but if you do, I will be making an effort to join more on a daily basis so I can give a better response to the admin applicants.

Hello, apologies for the long wait with CS2 and everything. I'd like to confirm that you're still interested in applying for admin, now that we're moving towards officially re-opening applications with our new admin tools.

I can see that your more recent playtime isn't exactly up to par, but we're going to extend some leeway here for the apps like yours that had to sit for so long, and give a chance to increase your playtime again before we come to any decisions.

Hey guys,

I'm definitely still interested in being an admin and plan to increase my playtime. Was dealing with some CS2 issues with my new system and was on vacation last week. Will be playing more and hope to cross paths with Dreama and the others.

• 2 months later...