Player 1

Inquiry: Can we have more active admins?

Dear GFL, Player 1 here.

Recently, I’ve noticed many admins participating on the CS2 GFL server to handle trolls, chat/mic spammers, and racism. Additionally, when a player uses features like /calladmin, admins promptly intervene to resolve issues or mediate disputes. Personally, thanks to the hard work of these recent admins, I’ve been able to enjoy my time on GFL ZE without any worries.

However, while I expressing this gratitude, I still have concerns.
It seems that I’m not the only one who has heard rumours like “Admins thought the CS2 GFL ZE isn’t fun, thus admins aren’t active!” this. Considering the situation from January to early March 2024, there was a shortage of admins on the GFL ZE server. Even when users used /report or /calladmin, admins weren’t always visible. During that period, existing GFL players endured racial discrimination, trolling, chat/mic spam, and false leads from numerous new users for 1 ~ 3 hours. As a result, players lost motivation to play due to hours spent dealing with these troll players and conflicts.
I’ve witnessed the leader, player “yep,” saying, “The server is dying because of you guys,” and quit the game at least 3-4 times, and I was totally agree with him.

While I recording my game-play, I can easily report cheaters or players who insult others, however, not all users are prepared to record videos for reporting. Additionally, GFL ZE stands out as one of the few 24/7 CS2 community servers worldwide, attracting players from various countries. In such a fast-user swap server, admins’ attention is crucial for mitigating unexpected situations caused by players.

Although I have no complaints about the current GFL admin system and GFL admins, if the rumour circulating about “admins are not having fun with CS2 ZE” is true, I believe now is the time to recruit new CS2 GFL ZE admins. From my perspective as someone who started ZE from CS2, there are friendly and consistently active players on the current GFL ZE server. If these players become admins, I am confident that CS2 GFL ZE players will experience a more comfortable environment without disputes.

If recruiting new admins or keeping the current admins’ active hours in the server is possible, I will be more encouraged to explore numerous maps and help the teammates with other players, and I’m pretty sure GFL players will be more happy.
Thank you for reading my article.

Regards,

- Player 1

- Player 1

• 2 weeks later...

36 minutes ago, Vauff said:

We haven't been able to accept new admins for a while due to internal issues, goal is that this will be resolved soon.

Dear Vauff, thanks for your reply,
troll issue is already been solved for EST (NA) hours, and it works pretty well.
Now I can see admins almost every our when it comes to the weekend, which is amazing.

If I have only one concern is, outside of NA hours.
Which means that, after 4~5 AM (EST), GFL is getting out of control, thus maybe if we can have other admin in this time, that would be amazing.

Once again, I'm feeling thankful to the admins working hard recently, thanks for making the server peaceful.

Regards,

- Player 1