Jacket and Ryan

Sandbox maybe???

Should GFL have a sandbox server?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should GFL have a sandbox server?

• Yes
    • No

I've suggested this before, and I believe the answer was no.

After consideration, I now realize why this was previously denied. I've been to one or two Sandbox servers before, and I left after about 30 minutes because I was bored. People nowadays don't play Gmod to create things (Unless it's modding), they play it to play on servers and join communities like GFL. I can see that population will rise, and then immediately drop to a number less than two because I'm fairly certain that is not what GFL members want. Most of you remember CWRP, that failed not only because it wasn't ready (Even though from what I heard it had six months to get up and running), but because a lot of people didn't want it. So why would we think something different would happen for a Sandbox server? 

I'd appreciate it if someone would correct me if there are any corrections to be made. 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

1 minute ago, Potato said:

Maybe there could be like a lot of mods....

It depends on the number of mods you're talking about. Too many and you'll have a long download time, too little and there's not a lot to go around. Regardless, there's a lot of things that you can do, but you can do all of them in a short playthrough. People will eventually get bored of the server because they've already done everything within a week or two, and the server will become a ghost-town.

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

4 minutes ago, Faex said:

It depends on the number of mods you're talking about. Too many and you'll have a long download time, too little and there's not a lot to go around. Regardless, there's a lot of things that you can do, but you can do all of them in a short playthrough. People will eventually get bored of the server because they've already done everything within a week or two, and the server will become a ghost-town.

Hey it worth a shot with that extra $1400 in GFL's back pocket.

ezgif-1-cdc6b920817a.gif.0e71bfca2884c5c3e15241e8d1666143.gif

"Execute Order 66."

-Emperor Palpatine

2 minutes ago, Potato said:

Hey it worth a shot with that extra $1400 in GFL's back pocket.

$1,400 is a lot of money when you're talking about a community. I'm pretty sure those are there as backup money or savings for future incentives. And no, it's not worth a shot.

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

I feel like a yes, because it could add to people pointless fun. Sure the other game modes are fun but you you can't Bhop, like me, you are judged, and this could be used to hone skills with the community you love. I don't want to practice Bhop with no friends ,but  I don't want to do it & be told how stupid I am. This could be a place do whatever you want with no consequences. 

11 hours ago, King_of_Nerds said:

I feel like a yes, because it could add to people pointless fun. Sure the other game modes are fun but you you can't Bhop, like me, you are judged, and this could be used to hone skills with the community you love. I don't want to practice Bhop with no friends ,but  I don't want to do it & be told how stupid I am. This could be a place do whatever you want with no consequences. 

Actually, you wouldn't be able to do whatever you want with no consequences. Rules are rules for a reason. 

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

• 1 month later...