Hi! I'm new to GFL, but I love animals and have a ton of them.

Who here has reptiles, show me :) 

My reptile obsession started with my ball python Will, he's a lavender Albino. I have two bearded dragons one Is named Elliott he is 8 months old and weighs 400 grams and he's a porker I got him as a hatchling. My other dragon Saphira is very special to me. I got her at a yard sale of all places where a 10-year-old boy "lost interest" in her. I took her in immediately seeing as she was extremely underweight and she had obvious MBD and tail rot. I got her and took her to the vet and was given antibiotics and a powdered food I had to prepare and feed her through a syringe. Every day I patiently fed her and gave her antibiotics as she struggled against me cause she was not used to being held. I also bathed her every day in medicated baths and wrapped her tail with a special ointment and kept it clean. When we returned to the vet she was so much better. She was gaining weight and her color was coming out and her tailrot was gone so there was no worry of the need to amputate. To hear a vet tell you-you're doing a good job is so heartwarming and inspiring. It made me realize that reptiles are my passion. So things were going very well until suddenly she stopped eating. I was scared outta my mind. I took her to the vet and got everything tested on her. I got blood, fecal, an ultrasound, and an X-ray. I nervously sat with her on my chest as the vet analyzed the test. She called me back and showed me these little white balls in saphiras stomach. It was eggs!! After her not being healthy her body started forming eggs and becoming healthy again. The X-ray showed that her body was gaining fat and her bone density was improving. I put the xrays to show. But now she is gaining weight slowly and getting stronger by the day. 
My newest reptiles is a Mack snow leopard gecko I got in November. He's great at tech support and got 700 notes on Tumblr lmao. He still doesn't have a name I can't pick so if you have recommendations please tell.
Today Saphira sat on my chest and napped as I was spectating TTT and was dead, she now trusts me so much she just lays on me and sleeps for hours. Anyhow sorry for this long ass post. My computer is stupid so I had to retype this so it will never be as good as the original but I tried my best to recreate what I had :'( Also sorry for bad spelling and grammar, its 5am and I spent 2 hours retyping this over and over again don't expect much from me. But drop them sick reptile pics 

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

before.JPG

after.JPG

image.jpg

IMG_2169.JPG

Those are some lovely pets you have there!
I have a cat, not exactly a reptile but I guess it works ^^

Nonetheless, welcome to GFL, if you have any questions/just want to talk, hmu.

yeah.gif

2 minutes ago, Leks said:

Those are some lovely pets you have there!
I have a cat, not exactly a reptile but I guess it works ^^

Nonetheless, welcome to GFL, if you have any questions/just want to talk, hmu.

Thanks, ^_^ I love cats too. I have three lol. Thanks for the welcome 

i do not have snek but my uncle tried to give me one he caught behind his house as a birthday present when i turned 16 and my mom flipped shit

1 minute ago, motorsteak said:

i do not have snek but my uncle tried to give me one he caught behind his house as a birthday present when i turned 16 and my mom flipped shit

Lol, nice Motor, my mom was not a fan of the snake either but now she loves him. He's by far the easiest to care for, they eat once a week and hardly take up any space 

4 hours ago, Spicy Girl said:

Thanks, ^_^ I love cats too. I have three lol. Thanks for the welcome 

Pls tell me that those cats are still alive.
idk but dont you afraid that your snake would eat them? Sorry

I don't have any reptiles unfortunately. I always sort of wanted them as a kid, but I never actually took interest to asking my parents to get me one, probably because I knew after that it'd be my responsibility for that animal and I was too young. I did however, find a turtle in my garage one year (weird, right?) It was my closed garage with no secret cracks or anything (that I know of, I guess?) and the fucker was just sitting in the middle of the floor. Also, good job on helping Saphira :) :thumbsupup:

3 hours ago, Yagyuu-chan said:

Pls tell me that those cats are still alive.
idk but dont you afraid that your snake would eat them? Sorry

Sorry to burst your bubble but all three cats are alive and well. Lmao that snake can’t eat a rat the size of three fingers I don’t think hes gonna eat three 10-20 lb cats 

E357B360-E384-4125-A096-CFB8312F4E01.jpeg

7 hours ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

My very 1st pet was a garter snake, which I caught near a drainage pipe when visiting family. I couldn't have been more than 9-10, and have no idea why my parents let me keep it.

I converted a 30 gallon aquarium into a terrarium for "Sam".

About 2 weeks after getting "Sam", I came home from school & my mom told me I might want to change "Sam" to Samantha. When I asked why, she showed me - "Sam" had given birth to over 2 dozen babies! Not being able to keep them all, I had the wise idea to sell them to other kids, for .50 each....Many a mom freaked out over their kids bringing home snakes :)

Samantha was killed by my father, when she took a nip at his finger one day, even though a garter snake's bite is pretty much a joke. I never forgot or forgave my dad for that.

I had a roommate about 10 years ago who had a bearded dragon. From what I know of them, they are very hard to care for, so I give you a big +1 for that.

What a funny story yeah garter snakes are very cute a lot of people think snakes have bad temperaments, depends on the snake I guess but I’ve never been bitten by any of the many snakes I’ve held. I mean heck I would take a dozen garter snakes for $6.00 no problem.

2 hours ago, Haxx said:

I don't have any reptiles unfortunately. I always sort of wanted them as a kid, but I never actually took interest to asking my parents to get me one, probably because I knew after that it'd be my responsibility for that animal and I was too young. I did however, find a turtle in my garage one year (weird, right?) It was my closed garage with no secret cracks or anything (that I know of, I guess?) and the fucker was just sitting in the middle of the floor. Also, good job on helping Saphira :) :thumbsupup:

Thanks Haxx ^_^ yeah we actually owned a turtle when I was around two I have no memory of him but I do know his name was Franklin and we made him a pond but I never remembered what happened to him. Rip Franklin I guess XD

• 2 years later...
On 2/8/2018 at 1:11 PM, Spicy Girl said:

Hi! I'm new to GFL, but I love animals and have a ton of them.

Who here has reptiles, show me :) 

My reptile obsession started with my ball python Will, he's a lavender Albino. I have two bearded dragons one Is named Elliott he is 8 months old and weighs 400 grams and he's a porker I got him as a hatchling. My other dragon Saphira is very special to me. I got her at a yard sale of all places where a 10-year-old boy "lost interest" in her. I took her in immediately seeing as she was extremely underweight and she had obvious MBD and tail rot. I got her and took her to the vet and was given antibiotics and a powdered food I had to prepare and feed her through a syringe. Every day I patiently fed her and gave her antibiotics as she struggled against me cause she was not used to being held. I also bathed her every day in medicated baths and wrapped her tail with a special ointment and kept it clean. When we returned to the vet she was so much better. She was gaining weight and her color was coming out and her tailrot was gone so there was no worry of the need to amputate. To hear a vet tell you-you're doing a good job is so heartwarming and inspiring. It made me realize that reptiles are my passion. So things were going very well until suddenly she stopped eating. I was scared outta my mind. I took her to the vet and got everything tested on her. I got blood, fecal, an ultrasound, and an X-ray. I nervously sat with her on my chest as the vet analyzed the test. She called me back and showed me these little white balls in saphiras stomach. It was eggs!! After her not being healthy her body started forming eggs and becoming healthy again. The X-ray showed that her body was gaining fat and her bone density was improving. I put the xrays to show. But now she is gaining weight slowly and getting stronger by the day. 
My newest reptiles is a Mack snow leopard gecko I got in November. He's great at tech support and got 700 notes on Tumblr lmao. He still doesn't have a name I can't pick so if you have recommendations please tell.
Today Saphira sat on my chest and napped as I was spectating TTT and was dead, she now trusts me so much she just lays on me and sleeps for hours. Anyhow sorry for this long ass post. My computer is stupid so I had to retype this so it will never be as good as the original but I tried my best to recreate what I had :'( Also sorry for bad spelling and grammar, its 5am and I spent 2 hours retyping this over and over again don't expect much from me. But drop them sick reptile pics 

IMG_3565.JPG

Wow, you're good, not everyone has the patience and strength to take out this kind of lizard.

• Guest locked this topic