Vanya

Event #153 -- GFLClan's First (and last of the decade) Dia de Muertos ZE Event!

Posted  Edited by Vanya

Event Overview:

Hello everyone!
For this year, GFL's CS:S ZE second Halloween event (or rather Dia de Muertos event because we deemed it'd be better to have it being done this upcoming week) will be a bit special!

For this week we will be having a two-day long special event that will take place during Friday November 1st and Saturday November 2nd! This should've been a Halloween-themed event but as mentioned before, we decided it'd be better to have it play during this weekend, and the only other dead-related holiday I knwo of is Dia de Muertos, so that's why I went with this name.

For this event we'll be playing:

Friday:

Saturday:

Time for the event:

• Saturday November 2nd @ 12am GMT-0
  • Saturday November 2nd 11pm GMT-0
    • OR
  • Friday November 1st @ 7pm CDT (Central Daylight Time)
  • Saturday November 2nd @ 6pm CDT
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.
Notice:

Special Kickers:

• Slender will be played up to Stage 4
  • We will only play the Secret Stage in Corrup
  • We'll play Normal mode for Santa only, however, if the demand if high then we will attempt Extreme as well

Rewards + Bonuses:

Along with the maps that we're gonna play, there will be two small mini-contests that we'll be doing server-wide where you can win some cool rewards! (Pretty much only applicable to this ZE server).

The in-game mini-contest:

The in-game variant of the mini contest is very simple, everyone can participate freely, but only 15 people can win!

The way this will work is that using our ranking system (thanks to Roy who will be setting up a gameME ranking page for our server again) we'll count the points of all players starting from when this event starts until it ends to make sure it's fair for all and so that you can't go and farm points beforehand.

The rewards you can get are:

• The top 15 people with the most points will earn VIP until January
  • The top 5 people with the most points will earn a permanent role in our Discord server (titled "Joker of Calcium") as well as the VIP
  • The 2 people with the most time in the server during the events in these two days will also earn a permanent role! (titled "Aged Calcium Vessel")

What this means is that winning maps won't award you VIP this time, but rather your performance will so that everyone has a fair chance at this and not just people who win the maps!

The Discord mini-contest:

Anybody who's familiar with our Discord server and has been part of it for over a year knows that last year we had a mini event related to Skeleton-posting. Similar to how it was last year, this year we'll also be hosting a mini-contest where all you have to do to participate is post your best skeleton-related content (SFW only) often in our #general chat!

By the end of our Saturday event on November 2nd, we'll group up the most active skeleton-posters and we'll hold a vote where you get to participate! The person with the most votes wins a permanent role in our Discord server, titled "Eternal Calcium Overlord" (since this role won't be deleted).

Everyone has a chance to win, so prepare your best skeletons for this one! (Not spamming them but posting them from time to time will make your posts stand out more!)

(Should you be the lucky guy that happens to win all three roles (Top 5 in ranking by the end of the event, most time spent in the server AND winner of the Discord mini-contest), you will earn a custom role that you can name yourself! [name must be related to Skeletons]) as well as even longer VIP.

Good luck to everyone, and have fun, don't forget the event starts on Friday!

Edited by Vanya

I know some dead-related holidays. One is called "GFL during weekdays" :lenny:

Jk, good event! Looking forward to it! 

Altho the times are a bit confusing:

On 10/28/2019 at 2:39 AM, Vanya said:
  • Saturday November 2nd @ 12am GMT-0
  • Saturday November 2nd 11pm GMT-0

I assume one of them is for friday. Why are they so late tho? 

Uɳʅσȥҽ ʂρყ

Posted  Edited by WarpedCakez

Dates for event in burgertime (since it's a bit confusing):

• Friday November 1st @ 7pm CDT (Central Daylight Time)
  • Saturday November 2nd @ 6pm CDT

9 hours ago, _William_ said:

Why are they so late tho? 

:shrug:

Edited by WarpedCakez

Posted  Edited by Vanya

The Halloween / Dia de Muertos event went a lot better than expected!

As unfortunate as it may be, the only maps we did not win were Santassination and Cosmo v5test4, other than that the server was pretty well populated for almost the entirety of the events and then some both days! 

As for the rewards, I have sorted and given the rewards out to the following people:

Top 15 Players -- Those who get VIP until January 1st, 2020:

unknown.png

Top 5 Players -- Those who get VIP until January 1st, 2020 + a permanent Discord role:

• iDope
  • Carlos
  • Soft Serve / Kurimu
  • Mleep
  • Kaka

If you're in our Discord server then by now I should have given you your tag for this part of the event, if you are in the server and I haven't given you it yet feel free to let me know via PM and I'll give you it.

Top 2 (+3) Players who spent the longest time in the server -- Those who get a permanent Discord role:

unknown.png

• Sofuto Kurimu
  • Crobat
  • j0ueurnul
  • Xehanort
  • Longus Dongus

Due to the top 3 players with the most time in the server throughout both events being all admins I decided to also consider the first two non-admin players with the most time in the server during the events for this reward.

Discord mini-contest -- Skeleton-posting:

This side of the contest was pretty much one sided, several members posted one or two skeletons every now and again, but the member with the most (and also the best) Skeletons being posted is was Swagu, who has been given the exclusive permanent "Eternal Calcium Overlord" tag over at our Discord server.

This was a pretty short and fun contest, I'd like to give special thanks to @Roy for helping us with setting up the ranks again for this event, and thank you to everyone who participated!

This being said, hope to see you during the Christmas events, I've got something planned for then :nepsmug:.

Also, this week's event will be selected from our Nomination Megathread, so nominate something in there to have a chance at your event being picked for this weekend!

Edited by Vanya