Firestorm

UK is fucked now

9 hours ago, CNe7532294 said:

Sorry this isn't case closed by miles. The guy was an army vet for crying out loud. How does someone off the street overpower a trained guard? 

That's like asking why doesn't Barcelona  win everything in football. They win on paper but they don't consistently win every game... that's like saying why didn't Holly Holm beat Germaine De Randamie. statistically Holly is 10-2 and Rand is 6-3 so SURELY SHE SHOULD HAVE WON THE FIGHT I MEAN COME ON SHE HAS SUCH A BETTER FIGHT RECORD HOW DID SHE LOSE?!?! FFS FMAK;LMLK;SFMLKAMKL;FSA

giphy.webpgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Achievements

12 hours ago, TomRiddle said:

That's like asking why doesn't Barcelona  win everything in football. They win on paper but they don't consistently win every game... that's like saying why didn't Holly Holm beat Germaine De Randamie. statistically Holly is 10-2 and Rand is 6-3 so SURELY SHE SHOULD HAVE WON THE FIGHT I MEAN COME ON SHE HAS SUCH A BETTER FIGHT RECORD HOW DID SHE LOSE?!?! FFS FMAK;LMLK;SFMLKAMKL;FSA

First, futbol stats =/= security. If it did, we would be perfectly ok with how people died and make no changes or preventative measures whatsoever (this goes for anything besides a terror attack like malfunctioning machinery, airworthiness directives or the establishment of OSHA guidelines for example). Not to mention Nice and the Xmas holiday attack were fair warnings.

Second, still doesn't explain how a) he was by himself (presumed so since someone else, like a 2nd guard, would have done something to make a difference) b) how no one there could be on high alert to any of the crap going on outside (people run over and screaming. cars honking and the crash itself).

As for the people on the bridge, I still stand by my barriers comment. They can be made cheaply and without being an eyesore. There is even a net invention that can be deployed to entangle the wheels and force a car in a full stop in about ~1/3 of the bridge. There are also encapsulated spike strips running the length of a road's side that won't impale someone falling down but will only break if something weighing like a car runs over them. Spike strips may not stop a car but tires blowing out is an attention getter. 3 lives were lost there. Could have been zero. Then there's the injuries that could have been prevented or lessen further than it was. Again the point being there is more than one way to prevent this or any accident in general from ever happening. I'm purposely avoiding more militarized cops, guns, loss of privacy, and racial profiling since that'll just bring a shitstorm of debates vs some of the alternatives I presented. Fake news, false news, hate news or whatever news does a good job on covering those things.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

2 hours ago, CNe7532294 said:

First, futbol stats =/= security. If it did, we would be perfectly ok with how people died and make no changes or preventative measures whatsoever (this goes for anything besides a terror attack like malfunctioning machinery, airworthiness directives or the establishment of OSHA guidelines for example). Not to mention Nice and the Xmas holiday attack were fair warnings.

Second, still doesn't explain how a) he was by himself (presumed so since someone else, like a 2nd guard, would have done something to make a difference) b) how no one there could be on high alert to any of the crap going on outside (people run over and screaming. cars honking and the crash itself).

As for the people on the bridge, I still stand by my barriers comment. They can be made cheaply and without being an eyesore. There is even a net invention that can be deployed to entangle the wheels and force a car in a full stop in about ~1/3 of the bridge. There are also encapsulated spike strips running the length of a road's side that won't impale someone falling down but will only break if something weighing like a car runs over them. Spike strips may not stop a car but tires blowing out is an attention getter. 3 lives were lost there. Could have been zero. Then there's the injuries that could have been prevented or lessen further than it was. Again the point being there is more than one way to prevent this or any accident in general from ever happening. I'm purposely avoiding more militarized cops, guns, loss of privacy, and racial profiling since that'll just bring a shitstorm of debates vs some of the alternatives I presented. Fake news, false news, hate news or whatever news does a good job on covering those things.

I'm going to assume u are not from England.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TomRiddle
2 hours ago, Lionel_Moosi said:

This thread is now a meme tbh

Was it not a meme to begin with Black-Girl-Wat.jpg

Edited by TomRiddle

Achievements

On 3/28/2017 at 4:44 AM, TomRiddle said:

I'm going to assume u are not from England.

I'm not but that doesn't stop me or keep me down from getting involved because in the long run it matters. This is something that needs to be discussed because while it's true that presenting this as "a warzone" is hyperbole, it is just as irresponsible to pass this off as something normal if not something to celebrate about since only 4 people died. Its relevant to discuss something like this stateside because it can happen here or rather it does happen here, a lot, and no one says anything.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri