skell

Remove location of players on HLStatsX

Proposing the removal of Location on HLStatsX as I do not think it should show the location of players with such precision. Country is fine, but I think that city shouldn't be showed personally.Capture.PNG.f52bdcd2a306d56b857fdedee16b5d42.PNG

it's not pinpoint and it's based off of old GEO location techniques also I brought this up back when @SoJa was around as did others and so forth and iirc we would need to get rid of hlstats and replace it with something else which would most likely cost a monthly fee unless there is new shit out there which is a huge possibility due to this being so long ago also removing hlststats means points as you know it tracked time etc etc will most likely all be lost unless we move all the records over if there is a file on hlstats that has all the records and the such and could be moved I could see doing this but from what I've gathered having this issue fixed is simply not practical also it's way easier then you think to get an IP now a days and addressing this issue is almost pointless when it comes to the fact that if someone wants your location they will get far more info then hlstats alone can provide.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Well, before I refer to the location as an approximation, I believe there is a way to hide yourself from the stats.  I remember doing it for other stat plugins such as gameme (/gameme_hideranking) and so maybe there's something under the HLStatsX menu, which can be opened by hlx_menu according to the plugin I saw on AlliedModders.  I'm personally not willing to go on neither look through the plugin to confirm this, but I would be really surprised if there was no equivalent available.  The common trade-off for this is, that it removes you from the stats completely: so: If you like having a rank or keeping track of your stats, then you will likely have to evaluate which one is more valuable to you.

edit:

I lied.  See if /hlx_hideranking is enabled.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by skell

I used to be admin on another server and I noticed they had localization. I told them I'd rather have it off and they removed it (they were using GAMEme, not HLStatsX though).

I like having a rank also since I'm rank ~40 on the server

Edited by skell