Door

Ban Appeal

Name: Door

Steam ID: 76561198061394310

Banned by: EmoBrony 38

Ban reason: "mass RDM, round 10"

Why you should be unbanned: PLEASE READ

TL;DR I happened to kill a lot of people (3) one round, not a-la-RDM, all of them reported me, none of them forgave my  response(s). I know I am biased in saying that I think my responses were reasonable, but I at least explained why I killed them instead of just typing "git fukt nerrrrd" like an actual, malisciously-intented mass-RDMer would

Here's what I believe happened, if I have accurately guessed the incident for which I was banned (if I was banned for some other reason please let me know).

I was an innocent, and I killed 3 people in one round: 1 traitor, and 2 innocents.

The first kill- Innocent 1: I have friends-listed many of the people I play G-Mod with, and one of them is named behidirdi, and he was a detective this round. Because we are friends and I have spoken/played with him on multiple occasions, I teased him by prop-pushing him off the edge of a cliff into water (behind T-tester). Now I know that that seems bad, but it's just a little bit of fun between friends. He wasn't AFK, he climbed right back up the ladder out of the water, he was fine. He wasn't the issue. Someone saw what I did (a non-detective [who could be an inno or a T] pushing a detective into the water), and reasonably, thought I was a T and tried to kill me. Instead of just allowing him to kill me (which probably would've prevented this ban) I shot him in the face out of self-defense. He reported me for trying to kill a detective, prop pushing, and killing an inno (himself). I explained to him everything I just explained to you. He did not forgive my response.

The second kill- Traitor: This one doesn't take long. I walked into the nether, saw a person (who was not AFK) standing over an unID'd body, not IDing it, just staring at it. The person in question turned to look at me, and I killed them, as not IDing bodies is traitorous and KOS-able. I was right, they were a T, and they reported me for killing them. I responded just the same thing I just typed out for you (paraphrased a bit), and I don't recall entirely if they forgave me, but I do not believe so.

The third kill- Innocent 2: This innocent was in the Nether with the Traitor whose death I just explained. They watched all of this go down, they watched a T not ID a body, and upon checking the unID'd body, saw that it was freshly killed, and the Traitor did not happen to stumble upon an already dead body. The T did kill the unID'd person in the nether, while this inno was watching (he wasn't just in the proximity, I know he was watching because I remember seeing him look at me&the T, and trying to strafe him in case he shot at me with his Scout-rifle). So after seeing that this person watched a Traitor kill an Innocent, and not identify the body, I killed them, and they turned out to be innocent. I was mistaken. They reported me, I explained to them what I just explained to you, and they did not forgive my response.

The first inno's death was slayable, I willl give you that. But the other two deaths within that round were reasonable. At the very least, they were not wanton acts of mass-RDM. I started regularly playing on this server more than a year ago. I am not a Mass-RDMer. If there were any kills by me in the rounds immediately or after the round I just described, then they are isolated incidents. I will be more careful with my actions, but I am writing this appeal because I do not think that an entire week-long ban is warranted.

Thank you for reading,

-Door

@PB-n-J

So, is the ban lifted? I just tried connecting to the GFL TTT server and the ban is still active.

Idk what steps I should take now. 

Or are you telling me to give @EmoBrony38 time to respond to my appeal?

Sorry I'm dense,

-Door

4 hours ago, Door said:

The first inno's death was slayable, I willl give you that. But the other two deaths within that round were reasonable. At the very least, they were not wanton acts of mass-RDM. I started regularly playing on this server more than a year ago. I am not a Mass-RDMer. If there were any kills by me in the rounds immediately or after the round I just described, then they are isolated incidents. I will be more careful with my actions, but I am writing this appeal because I do not think that an entire week-long ban is warranted.

@Door this isn't my appeal but I just want you to know that killing the first innocent was not RDM. Even though you did a traitorous act, which was KOSable, he still had tried to kill you. No matter for what reason he was trying to kill you, you killed him in self-defense, he was in no position to report you. 

banner_560x95.png?random=612065

banner_560x95.png?random=951309

Posted  Edited by EmoBrony38

unban him i should have looked into what happened a little bit more sorry 

Edited by EmoBrony38