Teri

Map Rotation

We have a lot of cool maps in our rotation, but unfortunately most of them don't see much play since most people vote for site 19 90% of the time.  Obviously if this is the one people want to play on most then it should be, but I have a few ideas to give the other maps a bit more of a fighting chance.

Rotate other map options:  One of the biggest problems I see when it's time for a map vote is the people who aren't voting for site 19 usually don't agree on which other map to play on unless its actively pushed for before a map vote, leaving site 19 with the lion's share of the votes and the remaining votes split between the other 3.  I would suggest removing 2 of the other maps at a time and rotate them in every few days or weekly, ex: One week the map options are Site 19 and Site 12, next week Site 19 and Site 13 etc.  This way people who don't want to keep playing on site 19 can concentrate their votes on one map.

Reduce map vote requirements:  Not sure what the current requirement is, but if there's 60 people on and 31 want to map vote then the majority should be enough.  It is already very difficult to get that many people to map vote, but when it requires 35 or more it's even harder.

AFK players shouldn't count toward the mapvote requirement: Not sure if this is accurate or not or even something that can be changed, but players who are AFK shouldn't inflate the amount of votes needed to trigger a mapvote.

The current map shouldn't be an option if a manual mapvote is triggered:  I think this is already the case but i'm not quite sure, but yesterday a manual map vote was triggered on the same round that an automatic map vote was due as well and Site 19 was an option, which we were already on, and won again.

Thank you, and remember to !rtv for Area 14

flat800x800075f_u3.jpg.3b2de3357bb7a5675102e5314eba0fd3.jpg                                                                                         

2 hours ago, Teri said:

AFK players shouldn't count toward the mapvote requirement: Not sure if this is accurate or not or even something that can be changed, but players who are AFK shouldn't inflate the amount of votes needed to trigger a mapvote.

I don't think this is possible 

+1 

although an other option is take away the votes at the end of a rotation (automatic map swaps) and just switch to another map, but leave the manual rtv (with the suggestions to it)

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

1 hour ago, Duc2000 said:

+1 

although an other option is take away the votes at the end of a rotation (automatic map swaps) and just switch to another map, but leave the manual rtv (with the suggestions to it)

That would be the ideal solution to me because I enjoy playing the other maps, but I don't think we should force map changes 

flat800x800075f_u3.jpg.3b2de3357bb7a5675102e5314eba0fd3.jpg