Bluuu3

Here's a fun story

So, I was having VAC errors with CS:GO and Insurgency since yesterday. I was too lazy to do anything yesterday, so today I tried a bunch of solutions. Nothing worked. The final solution I wanted to try was reinstalling steam itself.

Here's where the fun part starts. When I installed Steam to my own programs file, I thought it would automatically make a steam folder. It didn't. Eventually I moved all of the files steam installed to a new steam folder so my programs file wouldn't be a mess.

I guess when I tried to uninstall steam today, it automatically set the uninstall location to the original install location. So therefore, it deleted LITERALLY ALL MY PROGRAMS.

I guess I should start re-installing everything now.

Punful.png

Mario.jpg.c67022abf2702d2734ae387d615859b2.jpg

Riggs.png.81714f29991558a488ec4ae1bd0897ba.png

13 minutes ago, _Doctor said:

You could have just verified your cache files

Yea that was one of the solutions I tried. It didn't work for some reason

Punful.png

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

This is a reply to someone asking this on steam, hope this helps 'Restart your computer If this is a problem for you on all servers then you can try fixing this problem by exiting Steam and restarting your computer. Repair the Steam Service This may also indicate a Steam Service failure. Please try repairing the Steam Service: Exit Steam. Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R) Type the following command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair (If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.) This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes. Launch Steam and test the issue again. Conflicting Software This issue can be caused by third party software interfering with your game or Steam. Please restart your computer, then launch Steam and the game without running any other third party software.'

fyi I skipped the reboot step and simply did the whole repair thing and then booted it back up.

the source of that if you want it ;) https://www.hltv.org/forums/threads/1010492/vac-authentication-error#r13631488

but ya it showed up in a mm lobby one day and I did da fix within half an hour and figured it out. you can copy and paste the error in google and it works great.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

1 hour ago, rapperdan said:

This is a reply to someone asking this on steam, hope this helps 'Restart your computer If this is a problem for you on all servers then you can try fixing this problem by exiting Steam and restarting your computer. Repair the Steam Service This may also indicate a Steam Service failure. Please try repairing the Steam Service: Exit Steam. Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R) Type the following command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair (If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.) This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes. Launch Steam and test the issue again. Conflicting Software This issue can be caused by third party software interfering with your game or Steam. Please restart your computer, then launch Steam and the game without running any other third party software.'

fyi I skipped the reboot step and simply did the whole repair thing and then booted it back up.

the source of that if you want it ;) https://www.hltv.org/forums/threads/1010492/vac-authentication-error#r13631488

but ya it showed up in a mm lobby one day and I did da fix within half an hour and figured it out. you can copy and paste the error in google and it works great.

Tried that too, didn't work for some reason.

Also reinstalling steam didn't help lol.

But I found a really dumb solution and it MAY have worked which is basically just restarting steam in offline mode and then restarting steam back in online mode.

If it happens again I'll probably just wait until it goes away tbh

Punful.png

Sounds like you should delete system32 as well. I found that was the only fix to my problem when it happened to me. 

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member