Akris

Populating Servers

Posted  Edited by Glenn

GFL has a lot of servers which is a good thing, but there is something that is going on with these servers. They're Dying. I know it seems harsh for me to say that and some of you might be like: Why the fuck would you say that? Our servers aren't dying. But the sad truth is a vast majority of them are dying. We have already had to shut down some servers in the past and I am sad to say if we don't do anything about it, a lot more servers might be getting shut down. And I think we as a community should come together and help the dying servers by trying servers we wouldn't normally get on and help populating them whenever you have the time to do it. 

List Of Dying Servers (sorry I don't know exactly all the dead servers on CSGO but i know a good bit are):

GMOD:

.Jailbreak

.Zombie Survival

.Purge

.Deathrun (Kinda Dying gets random population)

.Prop Hunt (off and on)

.TTT2

CSGO:
Most CSGO servers

Edited by Glenn

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

Posted  Edited by Joshy

We've had these discussions many times over.

The leadership here has been mostly predictable, and it's because we all know what they're looking for: i) tell them what they want to hear, and ii) make the numbers look good within a short amount of time.  You can tell from the decisions and you would have seen in past discussions, that there is very little value in growth and sustainability.  The person who is nurturing a low population server, trying new ideas and failing at some, and literally driving the performance of their advocating community will (wrongfully) have far less value - in the eyes of leadership - than someone who has inherited the bread and butter of this community.  These driving members have the right idea for long term success, but the tolerance for failure and the amount of time it takes is extremely low, and these people usually end up losing- ironically: the true losers often win (here).  They look at results rather than the mechanisms, and so our success has mostly been remnants of past champions or the few who briefly have a say, and some luck.

T6RVeDE.png

These games and modes don't have the numbers like we use to have, and so the statistics has been a decaying benefactor.  It's not that there was zero contribution from leadership and the community, but statistics definitely has a less noticeable contribution and driven performance dominates in overall performance now.

... not sure if it's in English...  great but long day at work talking about very technical things.  Sorry!

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

The GMOD servers will be easier to populate than the CS:GO servers, because Valve is constantly breaking the game but community servers specifically. They support MM more than community servers, and they only care about the money that players will spend buying skins. Most of CS:GO is about gambling skins and MM. We have just fixed an exploit that crashes community servers, which is good (that it's fixed). But that only shows the good Valve does to servers, and the CS:GO community in general (they never listen to the community unless it gives them more money).

This means that to repopulate CS:GO, it will require a lot of effort and dedication, and extra help. Because it's not going to be easy.

I do like that members are realising the servers' current  state and taking initiative to help out with population. Any help is always appreciated. Don't worry too much on what others going to think because you think the servers are dying. You can't deny that some are dying, and there's others who agree.

But the important question is "are those people concerned enough to help out as well?"

Nobody is obliged to help, but it's pointless to say "The servers are dying" with the intention of "The servers are dying, you do something about it". Managers need to work harder than the others, but a manager alone can't do everything.

I am willing to help out the other servers in a similar situation that my own is in. I know it's difficult to revive a server, but the more help there is, the better.

original.gif

Achievements

6 hours ago, Kite9867 said:

If only I was able to give the other servers some of our Breach's players. ;)

go back to getting eaten by a giant slowass lizard and getting earraped by a teddy bear pls ;)

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png