Mad_Father

What is GFL's origin story and how did GFL became what it is today?

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father

I want to take a different approach today on my random questions on the general section of the forum.

What is GFL's origin story and how did GFL became what it is today?

Now this is the question that people cannot BS on, and I am genuinely interested on GFL's background story and its achievements and issues.

Not to mention that I love good stories.

So, can someone tell me the origin story of Game For Life Clan?

(Also using this thread to tell other players who also doesn't know about GFL's origin and its past)

I do not care if your post is long, BUT I do care if you give shit replies to this thread.

quality > quantity

Edited by Mad_Father

PLACE HOLDER

Posted  Edited by Bae

Roy started GFL back in 2011 (I think) and their first server was CSS (I don't recall which server). He was such a young and adorable child. 

• Moderator position on forum was not used until 2015 even though the rank was there
  • Had minecraft three times
  • used to have arma 3
  • used to have bf3
  • used to have kf2
  • used to have rust [current times]
  • perm banned our most trusted people who betrayed the community
  • has 3 steam groups [2011] [2012] [2013]
  • this is gfl's 3rd forum
  • councils were strict then relaxed, strict, relaxed... over and overs
  • servers used to be populated 24/7

As to why it's called Games For Life is because it literally means what it means. If you enjoy gaming and love it like it's your life. Then that's the name. But unknowingly, Games For Life is also another company's name to teach children how to play games. 

I'm not going to add too much details because I don't want to make false accusations. 

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

1 minute ago, Bae said:

Roy started GFL back in 2011 (I think) and their first server was CSS (I don't recall which server). He was such a young and adorable child. 

• Moderator position on forum was not used until 2015 even though the rank was there
  • used to have arma 3
  • used to have bf3
  • used to have kf2

I'm not going to add too much details because I don't want to make false accusations. 

Noice and how do you know so much?

1 minute ago, Bae said:

• used to have arma 3
  • used to have bf3
  • used to have kf2

Finally someone who actually read the tags and is being respectful to the post.

ON TOPIC: what do you mean strict then relax then repeat?

what caused this to happen?

PLACE HOLDER

Just now, Panda said:

Noice and how do you know so much?

I don't.

This is literally just 10% of the origin.

Because I used to date a co-owner whose perm banned on here. He would tell me things of how GFL was like back in the day and I've also talk to Floopy and Roy about it.

1 minute ago, Mad_Father said:

Finally someone who actually read the tags and is being respectful to the post.

ON TOPIC: what do you mean strict then relax then repeat?

what caused this to happen?

Oh, this is from what I've heard. They used to have a council name Echo. He was very strict. Any false mistakes, you're a goner. But one day, the councils were somewhat relaxed, as if there's nothing to do. So they're more nice. But then, one of our council was demoted for abuse. It was not Echo, since Echo left a long time ago.  So eventually, we had about 3 councils left. Then another left because he is moving on with his life. Then it became 2 councils left, that was when Roy decided Council should be removed. Because they were given too many work and not enough time to do it. Councils was removed, but division leader was created. Then division leaders became too powerful, so they recreated Council. Right now they're nice in a way.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

1 minute ago, Bae said:

I don't.

Because I used to date a co-owner whose perm banned on here. He would tell me things of how GFL was like back in the day and I've also talk to Floopy and Roy about it.

Oh, this is from what I've heard. They used to have a council name Echo. He was very strict. Any false mistakes, you're a goner. But one day, the councils were somewhat relaxed, as if there's nothing to do. So they're more nice. But then, one of our council was demoted for abuse. It was not Echo, since Echo left a long time ago.  So eventually, we had about 3 councils left. Then another left because he is moving on with his life. Then it became 2 councils left, that was when Roy decided Council should be removed. Because they were given too many work and not enough time to do it. Councils was removed, but division leader was created. Then division leaders became too powerful, so they recreated Council. Right now they're nice in a way.

so what do "councils" do?

PLACE HOLDER

2 minutes ago, Bae said:

I don't.

Awesome Thanks

Just now, Mad_Father said:

so what do "councils" do?

Division Leader watches over the game they're division leader of, correct?

Council watches over them and the community as a whole.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father
10 minutes ago, Phantom678 said:

You do realized that Mad Father wants a serious post right?

He jokingly called me a nazi on server for doing this (dont ban him for this, it was a joke from him)

and thanks for understanding.

and thanks to @SwegBuster for enforcing the seriousness.

ON TOPIC

14 minutes ago, Bae said:

Division Leader watches over the game they're division leader of, correct?

Council watches over them and the community as a whole.

so what do tech admins do?

Edited by Mad_Father

PLACE HOLDER

14 minutes ago, Bae said:

2 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

He jokingly called me a nazi on server for doing this (dont ban him for this, it was a joke from him)

ON TOPIC

sorry but how do i fix that when i reply it always has a quote as you can see

Posted  Edited by Bae
9 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

ON TOPIC

Technician Admins is what it means. They're the Tech of GFL. Things like Developers pretty much or any problems within GFL community overall. Setup is the security of GFL. Denros does the backend of GFL forums, sometimes servers, and sometimes teamspeak. Head-Banana does the developing and creation of coding.

Oh, if you're admin, there's a thread in the admin section explaining each and every one of the higher ranks and what they're job is and will be.

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

tl;dr

many dicks were sucked.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GM3PM22.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) GFL PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BattleTag: Doctersalt#1734 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1033049.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's simple. One Council is too relaxed and the replacement is like. They were to relaxed. Let's be more strict. Then they get replaced and the next is relaxed then strict then....

I may give you stage 7 cancer