Random Noise

Gametracker PSA

I would like you talk today about Gametracker. Almost all GFL servers have it, and it's pretty useful for tracking your hours and score, as well as ranking servers. Or is it? Simple answer: it is far from it. Not only is it bad at keeping player hours, it's also shitty at keeping their score. And when it's bad at score, things mess up. Even if it kept good score, it's still shitty at keeping an entire player's stats, since it gets its information from the names of the players, not their actual steam account. Because of this, having multiple names creates multiple people on Gametracker, making it even harder to keep track of your own stats, especially if you've forgotten your names or have had so many that you need third party software just to access your previous steam names. And when it messes up? Oh boy, it gets really shitty there. Because it might not keep score on a server correctly, or not give score at all, it makes tracking your stats on that server pretty much impossible. Why? Simply because of how Gametracker works. It doesn't keep track of a person's stats if the stats are too low, meaning having 0 score means you can say goodbye to any stats you thought were being tracked. And when that happens, it breaks a bit. Take for instance the Murder server. For some reason, gaining score on that server is extremely hard to do, and doesn't even translate to kills or wins. Just look at what happened to me.

gaytracker.PNG.b45e8422cd4f1a8c8be997289f43105f.PNG

Now, to analyse this image. Firstly, you can see I've been playing since October 1st, and it is currently October 14. Knowing this, we can see how illegitimate these stats are. You can obviously see that my all time hours are less than my current hours, which is impossible. Then, you can also see that I have a single score, meaning it took me two weeks just to get a single score. Not only that, but the very fact that it stuck to its 2 hours for all time stats also is really annoying, because it shows it clearly kept some of my stats beforehand. Just saying, Gametracker is a pile of shit.

@Zero_ thanks for adding uTime for me

500k.PNG.7609ad6227a2249acd0bccd38d0d8db4.PNG

dmnolife.PNG.8447196721ffd80bf62066b9321cd807.PNG

Spoiler

marioadmin.PNG

dralgaaboose2.PNG

dralgaaboose1.PNG

loucopmass.PNG

zeroleftnute.PNG

zeronoaccessr.PNG

ryanmean.PNG

zerobreak.PNG

volkghost.PNG

kosadmin.PNG

momdemote.PNG

volkdemote.PNG

godgag2.PNG

kitescreech.PNG

kiteprom.PNG

kitemember.PNG

zeroserver.PNG

kitedemote.PNG

slayall2.PNG

tonydemote.PNG

ryanhot.PNG

volklovetony.PNG

volkgay.PNG

volkmass.PNG

wigglesbeat.PNG

kitesuck.PNG

humcent.PNG

pancakezeroass.PNG

epic.PNG

godunforgive.PNG

squidleave.PNG

zerobrazid.PNG

zeroban.PNG

zeroass.PNG

gamble.PNG

bigflip3.PNG

bigflip2.PNG

bigflip1.PNG

pancakeaboose3.PNG

slayall.PNG

robotrdm.PNG

zeromember.PNG

zeromass.PNG

godgag.PNG

doubleaboose.PNG

prom.PNG

zerohax3.PNG

rdmtest2.PNG

rdmtest.PNG

lilozgay.PNG

lilozcock.PNG

2697y22w4d.PNG

1inchpinch.PNG

ducnihilistic.PNG

zerohax2.PNG

zerogay2.PNG

lilozmember.PNG

pulseaboose3.PNG

kiterdm2.PNG

pulseaboose2.PNG

pulseaboose1.PNG

pulsereee.PNG

zerolazy.PNG

rdmrdm.PNG

sadbanditwish.PNG

vaglol.PNG

zerodemotion.PNG

pancakeass.PNG

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I was looking into this one time.  I was wondering if gameme would be a good alternative, but I think cost pushed it away from discussion.

edit:

I don't understand why all  of our on-topic GFL and gaming relevant stuff ends up in off-topic, and the converse in general discussion.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

20 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I was looking into this one time.  I was wondering if gameme would be a good alternative, but I think cost pushed it away from discussion.

According to outgoings, we appear to be making monthly payments for gameme.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png