Hunting4r2d2

Fixing the gate issue

A lot of attention has been recently brought to the breakable gates in breach and how it was often too easy to camp and destroy the gates. While the health of the gates was raised (and shortly lowered after that) it made the gates just a little too hard to destroy and did not really prevent SCPs like 106 from camping said area. So I a going to suggest a different solution:

1. Return the gate's health to 20,000

2. Implement shockable gates

Shocking Gates

- Gate shocking will be a new mechanic that attempt to prevent camping near gate A or B and make it harder for SCPs to escape.

- When a gate is shocked, a burst of sparks will appear in front of the gate, and any SCPs in the room near gate A or B will be temporarily stunned for 5 to 10 seconds. 

- Can only be activated by TROs or MTF reinforcements with a lvl 4 keycard or higher by typing !shockgatea or !shockgateb.

- Will have a 30 second to 1-minute cooldown to prevent spamming.

-Cannot be activated if the gate is broken.

- Will only affect SCPs.

I feel as though gate shocking should be implemented for a couple of reasons. For starters, as I have mentioned above, it will discourage SCPs from gate camping and make more difficult for them to escape. Secondly, it would encourage SCPs to engage TROs over more helpless classes (i.e., researchers and class-Ds) since they are the only ones who can shock gates. Finally, it would provide the TROs with a higher skill ceiling since they would need to regularly check the Gates for SCPs before they determine whether or not they need to shock it. Anyways, that's my suggestion. I know that potential issues with coding and the maps may prevent Xy from implementing this, but I figured that I at least wanted to put this out there. 

The buff on the gates is tedious as it is. I feel like the shocking gates will only lead for the scps to not camp the gate, but the hallway leading to the gate. The scps will just find another way to camp as this seems overboard. Adding this with the reducing the gates back to normal is not going to help things. Even if scps are stunned, scps with an aura of effect, 457, can still do damage. There is some downsides but what if all the MTF choose to camp the gates instead just because they can shock it. There is a lot of small things that can be looked at and doesnt need a huge project to fix a singular small problem.

Number 15. Infinity War Spoilers. The last thing you want is Infinity War Spoilers, but that's what you might get.

I got a fix. Maybe just have the admins and mods actually take care of the camping issue and have the players actually report camping players, the camping problem would not happen.

1 hour ago, box box said:

I got a fix. Maybe just have the admins and mods actually take care of the camping issue and have the players actually report camping players, the camping problem would not happen.

Bruh, your not contributing with any of your posts

my  goal is to just have a good time and vibe, and i can bring the music to achieve that!