-SL

Remove Flames from Fire Pistol

Remove Flames from Fire Pistol  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Flames from Fire Pistol

• Yes
    • No

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father - Edit Reason: No, keep it.
On 8/8/2016 at 4:15 PM, -SL said:

Could keep a part of it just get rid of the flames that blind you to the point where you basically can't aim.

Is flame pistol the reason why I can barely move away from others when I got shot?

if yes, you have my upvote.

As if getting tagged is not enough, getting tagged to the point where it is almost the same as getting hit by a grenade (not by explosion). 

(For those who doesn't know what happens when you get hit by a grenade, your momentum drops to 0).

EDIT:

Changed my vote based on the given workaround for this specific issue with flame.

Edited by Mad_Father
No, keep it.

PLACE HOLDER

2 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

Is flame pistol the reason why I can barely move away from others when I got shot?

if yes, you have my upvote.

nah that's ice pistol or whatever it's called

fire pistol does burn damage and sets the player on fire, which tends to make it hard to see

:B|:

lol well golden come int he server let's put that to the test, and chase yes this is sadly seeming true but we shall see.  I just think it turns people off more than it does good.  That is most of what RPG is though, I just think we'd be fine without it.  And mad ice pistol is legit, at least you can see while being frozen

To all who wanted "Flame Pistol" removed,

@-SL and I have found a workaround to have both the flame pistol and not see the flame itself.

Here is the procedure on disable the flame.

1. Go on the library section of Steam.
  2. Right click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. Select Properties
  4. Click on Launch Options under General tab.
  5. Input "-lv" without the quotation mark.
  6. Click OK and close.
  7. This will take effect every time you launch the game.

What -lv does is it enables low violence mode in CS:GO works in CS:S also. By enabling this, you have just disabled the blood splatter when ever someone gets shot which can save your FPS greatly, but the important part is it also disables the flame from flame pistol (and no it doesn't disable the flame from molotov or incgrenade).

Few updates ago broke parts of this command I think it was the hitbox fix broke it. It supposed to also disable ragdoll when someone dies and plays an animation of surrendering instead.

Yea this is the solution everyone who is annoyed by the flame is looking for, and for those who are looking forward to boost fps, use this.

PLACE HOLDER