Leks

Bad fps

Hey guys so I've recently upgraded my low tier GPU to a somewhat better one and I haven't  noticed big fps changes in a couple games.

First of all my "rig" has these components:

Intel 2 quad q6600 2.4ghz 8mb cache

8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

Msi Gtx 950 armour 2x 2gddr5

Kingston ssd 120gb for OS and important stuff

1.5TB WD 7200rpm sata2 for games and other.

550W power supply

Some cheap CPU cooler

OK now my problem is, when  I play league of legends I start with over 250fps and past 35minutes I can't go over 60. I've cleaned my PC couple days ago and it hasn't fixed it so I doubt its a heat problem. I am able to play newer games such as rust, assassins creed black flag and even evolve which uses the infamous cryengine at over 40fps without a problem. If anyone has any idea whatsoever on what could be wrong, please post below. 

On a side note, once I manage to get more money I will be upgrading to a i7 6600 3.4ghz and ddr4 ram in order to stream.

yeah.gif

I think your CPU might be capping your fps. Upgrading it would at least fix one of the issues you are having. If it was a heating problem you would probably have crashed by now. I been noticing if you have at least half of a drive filled with games, the drive becomes slower. Then you lag in game.

Btw League caps Nvidia cards. You will have solid 60 fps.

swegbuster1.png

7 hours ago, Dogger said:

Is it only LOL you are getting bad fps on?

Mostly. CSGO Runs pretty smoothly over 60 even in thoughest places like inside smoke grenades.

7 hours ago, SwegBuster said:

I think your CPU might be capping your fps. Upgrading it would at least fix one of the issues you are having. If it was a heating problem you would probably have crashed by now. I been noticing if you have at least half of a drive filled with games, the drive becomes slower. Then you lag in game.

That was my first thought too, hence it as a cpu from early 2007. I am working towards upgrading it into an i7 6700 3.4GHz 8mb SK1151 with a Mobo MSI B150M BAZOOKA PLUS, mainly to fit my theme which will be black and white, hence my graphics card is like that.

My 1.5TB is roughly 50% filled with files which impact the latency but not as roughly as you would expect.

Regarding your last statement, I start the game of league with over 250 fps, then I slowly get lower and lower and at one point, around 35 minutes have passed, I cannot go past 60fps, always around the 40 and the fact that I get better fps playing Rust on high quality and shaders is really confusing me :l

yeah.gif

1 hour ago, Leks said:

Mostly. CSGO Runs pretty smoothly over 60 even in thoughest places like inside smoke grenades.

That was my first thought too, hence it as a cpu from early 2007. I am working towards upgrading it into an i7 6700 3.4GHz 8mb SK1151 with a Mobo MSI B150M BAZOOKA PLUS, mainly to fit my theme which will be black and white, hence my graphics card is like that.

My 1.5TB is roughly 50% filled with files which impact the latency but not as roughly as you would expect.

Regarding your last statement, I start the game of league with over 250 fps, then I slowly get lower and lower and at one point, around 35 minutes have passed, I cannot go past 60fps, always around the 40 and the fact that I get better fps playing Rust on high quality and shaders is really confusing me :l

8 hours ago, SwegBuster said:

I think Sweg is correct. The only thing that I could see affecting your FPS in League is your CPU. However that doesn't make much sense if you are playing other games perfectly fine for long periods of time..

Have you tried repairing or re-installing League? Possibly even looking up on Google for people with similar issues might be a good idea, although I am guessing you have tried that.

14 minutes ago, Dogger said:

I think Sweg is correct. The only thing that I could see affecting your FPS in League is your CPU. However that doesn't make much sense if you are playing other games perfectly fine for long periods of time..

Have you tried repairing or re-installing League? Possibly even looking up on Google for people with similar issues might be a good idea, although I am guessing you have tried that.

I recently updated league of legends and yet it hasn't changed much. I'm going to send a ticket and see what is their answer regarding this. Thanks for your answers 

yeah.gif