Roy

Routing Changes

Hello,

Due to this issue with Vultr and Telia (AS1299) along with seeing further evidence indicating that Telia is routing clients all over the place, we've decided to stop announcing to Telia altogether on the PoP servers that supported it. Unfortunately, we cannot stop announcing to Telia on our Dallas PoP still.

I have a ticket with Vultr right now asking why we can't stop announcing to Telia on our Dallas PoP.

I'm hoping this results in better routing. We're going to be looking into GTT (AS3257) and NTT (AS2914) to see if they'd suite as primary peers for our US PoP servers.

Thanks.

Vultr is looking into why we aren't able to not announce to Telia via the Dallas PoP. They've confirmed our BGP communities are set correctly.

They are also looking into an issue with their hop with NTT causing high latency/ping which I am being routed to at the moment.

I will post back here once I have an update!

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

The hop with NTT via Vultr has improved highly the last two days. I am finally getting the latency/ping I should be receiving to the PoP without any packet loss. I hope this keeps up!

Vultr is still investigating the Telia situation on the Dallas PoP. I will be requesting an update in the next couple of days.

Thank you.