Nap14hockey

Patriotic America Pissed At Gabby Douglas

Gabby Douglas, the olympic gymnast has been recently receiving many comments that say that she should have held her hand over her heart as the American National Anthem was played.  She responds by saying that it was standing at attention.  Comment what you think below, I'd like to see your views on the topic.

Full story: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/09/gabby-douglas-hand-heart-olympics/

wEEZhpy.jpg.54370668acb451a1bac8a5011679ce7b.jpg 

(Made by @Rose, thx :D)

[Former]- Breach Admin, OLD Purge SR. Admin, HnS admin, GMOD Murder admin, GMOD JB Admin, TTT Admin, Forum Moderator, Discord Moderator, Public Relations Team Member, Media Team Member

I'm out

In my opinion she should have her hand over her heart, but it really doesn't matter that much and I doubt she meant any actual malice or disrespect. When it's something that's as big as the Olympics and it's broadcast all over the world, any little thing that you do will be criticized.

TL;DR Imo nbd.

Getting angry over someone not placing an appendage over the area of their chest where the blood pump is located is simply downright pissant. It's one thing to actively disrupt the anthem of a country, but opting not to place your hand on your chest is something that is leagues below that.

Alas, it's just a handful of Americans overdosing on patriotism again. Nothing new.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

There are 3 ways one can react to a State anthem:

- do the official gesture to show recognition/respect of the State

- ignore to show limited/no recognition of the State

- disrupt to show separatist/hostile intentions towards the State

Americans are right to think she ignored it, but claiming she's separatist is extremely stupid.

15 hours ago, Shuruia said:

Getting angry over someone not placing an appendage over the area of their chest where the blood pump is located is simply downright pissant. It's one thing to actively disrupt the anthem of a country, but opting not to place your hand on your chest is something that is leagues below that.

Alas, it's just a handful of Americans overdosing on patriotism again. Nothing new.

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title36-section301&num=0&edition=prelim

"all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart"

Or maybe she doesn't recognise women as persons. :lenny:

• 2 weeks later...