Modded Server Eventually?

Posted  Edited by Guest - Edit Reason: cited some pack authors wrong

Like the title says, this is a suggestion for a modded server in the (probably far) future. I really like playing minecraft but vanilla just doesn't do it for me like it used to now that i've played modded. I know there probably aren't any current plans for a modded server so i'm willing to wait until it makes sense from a community standpoint. 

There are a few modpack/modpack series that i'd like to be considered and i'll try and group them into categories that make sense when the time (hopefully) comes to incorporate a modded server. These are just the packs I know about and have come across, if anyone has any other packs, please reply with them

Lightweight modpacks

• FTB Vanilla Plus
    • Vanilla minecraft with some quality of life stuff and lightweight modding added
  • All the mods: Lite versions
    • lighter versions of the All The Mods style modpacks
    • does not actually contain all of the mods

Skyblock Themed Modpacks

• The SkyFactory Series (created/carried on by twitch streamer BaconDonut)
    • A new twist on the skyblock experience
    • Different packs on different versions of minecraft give you the ability to choose what you want in the game
    • can be set up like a normal skyblock where you get your build area and have to stay in it or you can team with friends
  • Project Ozone Series (created by twitch streamer OG_Arist0tle)
    • like skyblock but more 
  • StoneBlock
    • think "the inverse of skyblock" but follows the same principals 

The Challege Modpacks

• Forever stranded
    • survive after crash landing your space ship on a desert world where heat and mobs are always looking for you to make a mistake
  • Sevtech Ages (created by/for twitch streamer Sevadus)
    • a really hard and long exploration based pack where you progress through "ages" that give you access to more stuff as you go
  • Sink into Madness (created by twitch streamer JonBams)
    • a modpack where the monsters are hard and they get harder
  • Farming Valley (more story/adventure than challenge)
    • stardew valley in minecraft
Edited by Guest
cited some pack authors wrong

Yeah I would love to get a modded server!!! Some other challenge modpacks are Enigmatica 2: Expert Mode and Omnifactory. I would say a kitchen sink style pack just for playing around in (no questbook) would probably be best? I really like All The Mods 3: Remix, though it is quite a large pack-not good for smaller users. I also know a lot of people that want a modpack with some form of gun mod.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

I perosnally believe DDSS needs to be in the modpack recommendation! DW20 just started let's play series not too long ago and it looks quite fun for adventure + tech + magic mod. But the only downside is that it's a quite large modpack (around 280). 

20 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Yeah I would love to get a modded server!!! Some other challenge modpacks are Enigmatica 2: Expert Mode and Omnifactory. I would say a kitchen sink style pack just for playing around in (no questbook) would probably be best? I really like All The Mods 3: Remix, though it is quite a large pack-not good for smaller users. I also know a lot of people that want a modpack with some form of gun mod.

I find questbook quite helpful but I guess everyone has different taste. 

This is kind of side topic but I do run small modded mc server (Running tekxit 3 + bit extra)  for few other peeps in the community. PM me in the forum or discord if you are interested in it!

Posted  Edited by Remuchu

If players really want, I can create a custom pack if we go modded, but the issue would be: How do we bring in players to a modpack no one knows.

Edited by Remuchu

image.png.455b0958692443af0d9fe20eb55fd040.png

image.png.21aa1a0e68b43986644510f4943d8da2.png

image.png

image.png.2bd5e5880fdc1914d17d44b64f15f6ae.png

29 minutes ago, Loco said:

I perosnally believe DDSS needs to be in the modpack recommendation! DW20 just started let's play series not too long ago and it looks quite fun for adventure + tech + magic mod. But the only downside is that it's a quite large modpack (around 280). 

I find questbook quite helpful but I guess everyone has different taste. 

This is kind of side topic but I do run small modded mc server (Running tekxit 3 + bit extra)  for few other peeps in the community. PM me in the forum or discord if you are interested in it!

I mean I enjoy questbooks a lot, I've played Forever Stranded, SevTech, Skyfactory 3, Project ozone 2, project ozone 3, Enigmatica 2: Expert, and now Omnifactory, but I just feel like kitchen sink would be fun with people. I was also wondering about when people start to finish the pack they'll stop playing and then people still playing it will keep playing while the people who finished would want a new modpack.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

On 8/11/2019 at 9:09 PM, Remuchu said:

If players really want, I can create a custom pack if we go modded, but the issue would be: How do we bring in players to a modpack no one knows.

Well curse/twitch launcher can kinda help for the version control but you are right on the pack advertisement. That is why I recommend go with the popular pack. The pack devs usually have discord and project page they can utilize to promote the multiplayer servers