_Rocket_

Mentality During Writing vs Voice to Text

Here lately I have noticed something.

My mentality during writing feels very different from when I'm speaking. I haven't really experienced this before. But as I have written more and more in GFL, I have noticed that my attitude is different when I'm writing compared to when I'm speaking.

I have a hard time translating what I would normally say vocally and how I speak to text. And I honestly don't really like it. On a couple of posts I have tried voice to text. And I feel as if it does a better job at showing my personality and how I actually speak.

To show what I mean I am going to start using voice to text right now. This paragraph is currently being written by voice to text. I will probably use it for the rest of us forum post. Now besides a few grammar errors along with a few misunderstandings with the technology involved with voice to text, it seems to work okay for me. when I am writing instead of using my voice, I tend to be a lot more direct than how I normally am. Don't get me wrong I am known to be a pretty direct person who speaks his mind, but when I write I seem to be extra direct. More direct than I really care to be. Because when I write, I don't like how direct I come across. It makes me seem more like a dick then my intentions are trying to show.

I am honestly curious if anyone else deals with this. Because I have been noticing this here lately and quite frankly I really don't like it. I have already been told by a couple of people that I come across in a way that they don't... Well, they seem to say I I appear to be showing authority when I speak. I guess what they mean is I appear to be talking down to them when I am trying to explain what I am saying. Believe me when I say this is far from my intentions, very far. just like I just said, I am known to be a very blunt person. But I think when I am writing, this bluntness is enhanced in a way that I am not fully sure on. At the same time I am already a little tired the few small errors that voice to text does. I really don't know what I should do. Because I don't want my intentions to be misunderstood, because from what I have seen heard they seem to be misunderstood already. Maybe I will use voice to text more often I am unsure. let me know what you guys think because I am a little unsure how to go about this oh, because I don't want my intentions to be misunderstood in the way they already have.

It makes me kind of curious on the psychology of this. If you know me already, I am very interested on the human psyche. And this really intrigues me. I wonder if there has been any studies ran on this, because I highly doubt I am the only one who has this issue. this might just give me something to think about as I'm developing my stuff. I mean he'll, this is the kind of thing I talk to myself about at night because I just enjoy talking about various topics involving human psyche. I might make a reply to this post if I come up with anything I might think is the answer. Thanks for reading.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Since I've never heard you speak I don't really have too much of an opinion. I will chime in that I definitely feel I'm different over text vs. when speaking. Text gives me more time to think about what I'm about to convey, and try to say what I want to say right. I still say stupid things of course, I'm only human. I'm just agreeing that I feel different over text vs. over speech. 

I wouldn't worry about it or overthink it.  People will always complain.  Being able to switch up on how you communicate is a very valuable skill to have and I think practicing it here is very safe.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152