Kazarov

High var and sv

Would you be able to take a screenshot of this? These items in the net_graph typically indicate server-side performance and not client-side.

47 minutes ago, Roy said:

Would you be able to take a screenshot of this? These items in the net_graph typically indicate server-side performance and not client-side.

Here you go, just taken from now:

Screenshot (8).png

On 10/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, Kazarov29 said:

Here you go, just taken from now:

Screenshot (8).png

The sv and var values at the bottom represent the server-side performance. The var at the top represents client-side I believe. You'll want to primary focus on fps though. You're running at 30 FPS in that screenshot, but that isn't uncommon in CS:GO Zombie Escape due to all the players, particles/effects, etc.

Do you feel your client-side performance has got worse recently? If so, what specs are you running (processor, GPU, RAM, and hard drive(s))? Unfortunately, nobody is going to get good performance at higher player counts due to Source Engine limits.

If you can learn to play with a bit of lagg it makes you a better player in the end .....sort of ....frustrating as shit thou .....our fibre mess down here in aust is 200+ sometimes ...unpalyable shit ..changing to 5G very soon :))

Oh yer the best thing i ever did a few years ago was dual boot  linux 16.04 running steam with 8GB Ram in a shitty comapq laptop ......helped heaps :))

9 hours ago, Roy said:

The sv and var values at the bottom represent the server-side performance. The var at the top represents client-side I believe. You'll want to primary focus on fps though. You're running at 30 FPS in that screenshot, but that isn't uncommon in CS:GO Zombie Escape due to all the players, particles/effects, etc.

Do you feel your client-side performance has got worse recently? If so, what specs are you running (processor, GPU, RAM, and hard drive(s))? Unfortunately, nobody is going to get good performance at higher player counts due to Source Engine limits.

I can normally play GFL even at 20 fps which has happened a lot. For client side i have been playing just fine as my laptop can play in the server just fine even at 64 players. The top var while fluctuating doesn't hinder my play that much it's the bottom i think that makes playing some time really hard

7 minutes ago, Kazarov29 said:

I can normally play GFL even at 20 fps which has happened a lot. For client side i have been playing just fine as my laptop can play in the server just fine even at 64 players. The top var while fluctuating doesn't hinder my play that much it's the bottom i think that makes playing some time really hard

CS:GO Zombie Escape is a pretty hectic game mode, so it's pretty hard on the machine's resources (primarily CPU). At points in CS:GO ZE where it's intense (e.g. a lot of players are inside each other shooting zombies, hold points), the server experiences bad performance (<15 server FPS at times I'm sure). Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about this.

We will be likely upgrading the server's hardware at some point in the future though. You can read more about this in the following thread under "NFO Machine Upgrade".

Unfortunately, I don't have any ETA on this since the situation is quite complicated (CS:GO ZE is on an older box of ours under a different hosting provider, NFOServers).