factsmachine

Petition to increase air acceleration.

sv_airaccelerate values  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Change sv_airaccelerate to 1000? The default setting is 10. Increasing the acceleration allows for sharper turns around corners while maintaining your speed and increases the acceleration gained from airstrafing. It also makes the synchronization of your strafes more forgiving.

• Keep it the same.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2020 at 05:00 AM

You can bunny hop perfectly fine in rot so im a bit confused as to why we would want to change this. I don't really see why people would want to change this too because you shouldn't be bunny hopping and be able to turn 90 degree corners on the dime. The server is already at a low point and I think if a new player logged on and instantly got headshot by some scroll wheel nerd going mach 10 around a bend they wouldn't be too inclined to continue playing. Throughout my entire time at rot I never felt the need to change bhopping because it was sufficient. If anything bhopping is already buffed since the gravity is slightly lower I believe (could be wrong). 

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Alexis

Bunny hopping is already strong, and turning at a faster rate will just make it unpredictable. They already pretty much stopped crouch jumping entirely because it was to advantages for players who used it. I feel like this would just make it another thing that can be abused to dodge certain things.

Also it's just unnecessary, the lower gravity allows for more advanced movements anyways. 

Edited by Alexis