Random Noise

My Music Interests as of 12/19/20

Posted  Edited by Random Noise

I remember making a post where I talked a little about the music I liked, and I'm here again to do that again. I continue to grow my own music interests, and I hope to maybe find like-minded individuals here as well.

Genres I like:

Anything except metal, rap, some trap, and the really weird stuff. For me, I don't care too much about genre as long as the song is good or catchy.

Genres I listen to:

Dubstep, Electro House, Glitch Hop, Basshouse, Bassline, Drumstep, anything DnB (except most liquid DnB), Melodic House (not really a genre, but just in general house songs with strong melody), Garage, Midtempo, Some Trap, Psytrance, Happy Hardcore, and then others.

Now it's that part of the post where I share some of my favorite songs. I was thinking of just sharing a couple ones that I recently really like, but I wanna show off more than that so I'll give some examples of each genre. (not gonna link anything in this post cus that'll be too many to link, I'll link the songs in the replies.

Dubstep:

Heavy Pixel Terror - Bittersweet

Melodic Excision - Drowning (ft. Akylla)

It is not much of a secret that I like dubstep, and it is the only genre that I have a two dedicated personal playlists (totaling 523 songs with no overlap between the playlists) not to mention all the dubstep I have in my main music playlist that isn't in those other two. The two songs here are a pretty good representation of how broad dubstep is, but they only scratch the surface; I could put around 10 songs before I feel I have reached most corners of the genre. Maybe 20 even, there is just so much out there and so much that I love. Speaking of stuff I love, these songs aren't even my top favorites; my absolute favorite right now would have to be Seven Lions - Days To Come (ft. Fiora) (Panda Eyes Remix). Anyways, I'm rambling here, and I wanna move to other genres.

Electro House:

Heavy Knife Party - Internet Friends

Melodic Astronaut - Apollo

Electro house to me is the house version of dubstep, and that is only mostly true. I should also say that electro house is also known as complextro, although I am unsure whether they are or if songs are being mislabeled as one or the other, because I have never heard something that was electro house but not complextro. Anyways, this is the first of the house genres that I will get into, and I just wanna say that if I got into house before dubstep, I would definitely like house more. The groove of house songs just gets me moving like nothing else, and these heavy genres are the cream of the crop when it comes to making me move.

Glitch Hop

Heavy Barely Alive - Rifle Blow Kiss

Melodic Hinkik - Explorers

Now it's time for the genre everyone confuses with dubstep: glitch hop. Seriously, glitch hop is 110 BPM, dubstep is 140/150 BPM, get it right. Of course, aside from tempo, some styles of glitch hop do sound like regular dubstep but in 110 BPM, so I don't blame too many people here. And of course, there is that one Skrillex song that basically blew up, so it's understandable if people thought that was dubstep as well. Now, for my actual thoughts on the genre, I really like it, but I have not found a massive quantity of songs in the genre, especially recently. It seems that almost every glitch hop song in my main playlist is from 2016 and older, as that was when it was at its highest point. Not to say there aren't any being made right now, in fact I think I have a couple from 2020 in my playlist.

Basshouse

Heavy Habstrakt & Badjokes - Right Here

Heavier Pelikann - Green Ranger (ft. Mac Backwardz)

If you are looking for chill basshouse, you won't find it. Because of this, I know there will be some people who just won't like it, and that's fine. Basshouse for me is the outright most aggressive house genre, and while electro house is dubstep but house, basshouse is house with dubstep ideology, if that makes sense. Especially with my second song here, basshouse just gets me going like nothing else, and I honestly don't have much else to say except that.

Bassline

Heavy Distinkt - OG Tracksuit Badboy

Melodic Flux Pavilion ft. Layna - Symphony (Taim Remix)

Bassline is one of those things where you just can't get enough of it. Other genres here (excluding dubstep) I will really only just listen to as a whole, just absorbing the energies of the genres as if they're one, but this one is different. Unlike other genres, I do not have many bassline songs in my main music playlist, but instead have a separate dedicated playlist. I may talk about how much electro house or basshouse will get me going, but this is the genre to top them all. Bassline is special for me because it is one of the few genres that I did not quite understand when I first listened to it, but it would click with me and now it is one of my favorite genres. In fact, saying I like bassline is an understatement, and saying I would join a cult for bassline is only slightly more accurate.

Drumstep

Heavy Excision - Virus (sort of)

Melodic Defqwop - Heart Afire (ft. Strix)

Drumstep is a weird genre where people decided to combine dubstep and drum and bass, and it is often categorised as a subgenre of both genres, but it's really its own genre. Drumstep can actually sound like glitch hop sometimes, and other times it sounds like dubstep but sped up, and then other times it is its completely own thing. Now, the reason I have (sort of) for the first song is that technically the first song is drumstep and then dubstep. There is a tempo change in the middle, where it goes from 174 BPM to 140 BPM, but it still has drumstep nonetheless.

DnB

Heavy Noisia - Anomaly

Melodic Hyukari - Escape (ft. Moon Jelly)

Drum and bass is really broad, and I can not do it justice with just a few song picks. I probably should have split this into at least a couple genres, but this is what you get, and I'm lazy plus this post is already getting long as it is. For me, I like so much of what DnB is, however I find it hard to get into a lot of liquid DnB songs, as they don't contain many interesting elements to them. When they do though, they are pretty good. I also don't listen to probably half of the jump up genre, but I don't dislike most of the songs that I don't listen to. There are also styles of neuro that I have had trouble getting in to, but I think I have been able to enjoy most neuro. I honestly do not have a favorite DnB song off the top of my head, and it would probably take a while to figure out one.

Melodic House

Melodic Seven Lions - Senseless (ft. Tyler Graves)

More Melodic Alan Walker - Faded

Now this really isn't a genre, but just what I have for catagorising house songs that I don't exactly know the genre for but I know sounds melodic, with chords instead of basslines. Although, thinking about it, technically most of what I would consider melodic house would be progressive house, but nevermind that. These are the songs I just vibe to (as much as I hate to type out that phrase), but they still have some energy. Anyways, I don't have much else to say, so moving on.

Garage

Heavy My Nu Leng - Sinking Sand (ft. DRS)

Melodic Monuman - If You Want

I'll be honest with this one and say I really don't know if the songs I listed are garage. However, I know that garage is generally around the house tempo, ranging from around 115 to 140 BPM, and the songs are more chill than other genres. This is the genre that will help you sleep no matter how heavy it is.

Midtempo

Heavy F.O.O.L & Power Glove - Mercenary

Heavier Eptic - Violence

Yet another genre that doesn't have a melodic side, midtempo is a genre that I really haven't gotten into until recently. I first discovered it listening to Epic - Violence and that song was so good that I wanted more, but couldn't really find it. Of course, I am half-assed when I try to do stuff like find more music like a particular song, but I would eventually find some more that I like. Also, to mention the elephant in the room, yes, midtempo is the biggest part of Cyberpunk 2077's soundtrack, and this fact alone is the only reason that I know midtempo is not a small genre. I could seriously add a lot more midtempo to my playlist.

Trap

Heavy Zeds Dead x DISKORD - Blood Brother (ft. Reija Lee)

Melodic PEEKABOO x ISOxo - POWERMOVE

Trap is something that is really hit or miss for me. I completely dislike rap-infused trap, I find it really hard to get into 808 basslines and the drums that go with that, and I find most mainstream trap to just not do anything for me. Of course, trap is a large genre, and songs like Zeds Dead x DISKORD - Blood Brother (ft. Reija Lee) show just how melodic and pleasant trap can be (minus the one heavy part of the song). Seriously, I can not state enough how much I love that song and how pleasant it is to listen to. And of course trap has its heavier side, and I also like a fair amount of it as well. And then there is this one subgenre of trap that I mostly like, which is moombahton. Moombahton applies house groove to trap and also gets rid of the 808 bass almost entirely, and I love it for that. Sadly, it is just too small of a genre to have it on its own.

Psytrance

Infected Mushroom Infected Mushroom - Kababies

Heavy Abraxis & Crystal Skies - Night rider

Psytrance is probably the weirdest genre I have listened to. I was being serious when I just put Infected Mushroom as a part of the genre; I really can not find any short words or phrases to describe that kind of music, at least that style of the genre. Infected Mushroom are the definitive producers of psytrance, and the music they make is really long, experimental, and just takes you in for a ride. Then, there is the heavier side of psytrance, with less of a concern about experimentation and more about making the bassline as heavy as possible. Seriously, I can barely tell the different between the kick and the bass stab in the second song here. Now, I have not listened to a ton of psytrance, and some of it is not for me, but I really respect it as a genre, and will undoubtedly add more and more of it to my playlist.

Happy Hardcore

Melodic nanobii - Rainbow Road

Melodic Again Gammer & Darren Styles - DYSYLM

Now to end off on a melodic note. Happy hardcore is last here because I just do not listen to a lot of it; there are only 3 songs in my playlist that I know are happy hardcore. However, the ones that are there are really compelling songs, one of them being probably one of the most iconic happy hardcore songs. What really makes good happy hardcore for me is a really catchy melody; anything that reminds me of oldschool melodic songs like Rainbow Road will really catch my attention.

Man, here I was thinking this would just be a simple update on the specific genres I enjoy and the songs I listen to. Now I would like to know your top genres, and specifically if any of these genres are also genres you listen to. I'm desperate for anyone else who enjoys this music, especially dubstep, so please share.

Will link songs in a reply when I feel like typing a bunch again.

Edited by Random Noise

500k.PNG.7609ad6227a2249acd0bccd38d0d8db4.PNG

dmnolife.PNG.8447196721ffd80bf62066b9321cd807.PNG

Spoiler

marioadmin.PNG

dralgaaboose2.PNG

dralgaaboose1.PNG

loucopmass.PNG

zeroleftnute.PNG

zeronoaccessr.PNG

ryanmean.PNG

zerobreak.PNG

volkghost.PNG

kosadmin.PNG

momdemote.PNG

volkdemote.PNG

godgag2.PNG

kitescreech.PNG

kiteprom.PNG

kitemember.PNG

zeroserver.PNG

kitedemote.PNG

slayall2.PNG

tonydemote.PNG

ryanhot.PNG

volklovetony.PNG

volkgay.PNG

volkmass.PNG

wigglesbeat.PNG

kitesuck.PNG

humcent.PNG

pancakezeroass.PNG

epic.PNG

godunforgive.PNG

squidleave.PNG

zerobrazid.PNG

zeroban.PNG

zeroass.PNG

gamble.PNG

bigflip3.PNG

bigflip2.PNG

bigflip1.PNG

pancakeaboose3.PNG

slayall.PNG

robotrdm.PNG

zeromember.PNG

zeromass.PNG

godgag.PNG

doubleaboose.PNG

prom.PNG

zerohax3.PNG

rdmtest2.PNG

rdmtest.PNG

lilozgay.PNG

lilozcock.PNG

2697y22w4d.PNG

1inchpinch.PNG

ducnihilistic.PNG

zerohax2.PNG

zerogay2.PNG

lilozmember.PNG

pulseaboose3.PNG

kiterdm2.PNG

pulseaboose2.PNG

pulseaboose1.PNG

pulsereee.PNG

zerolazy.PNG

rdmrdm.PNG

sadbanditwish.PNG

vaglol.PNG

zerodemotion.PNG

pancakeass.PNG

Achievements

Holy shit. Someone give this man a medal! This might be one of the most elaborated threads I've seen in a long while. 

Really like some of your music choices. How do you feel about Oliver Heldens, Krewella (oldies),  Pegboard Nerds, Jauz, 3lau, Virtual Riot, Vini Vici, and that kind of stuff?

1654039214_lennyfacesignaturejarm2_webp.png.77166eade8f7320848ec595e26aa1230.png

1 minute ago, jarm323 said:

Holy shit. Someone give this man a medal! This might be one of the most elaborated threads I've seen in a long while. 

Really like some of your music choices. How do you feel about Oliver Heldens, Krewella (oldies),  Pegboard Nerds, Jauz, 3lau, Virtual Riot, Vini Vici, and that kind of stuff?

(I actually really fucking love old energetic dubstep like this)

(technically not 3lau but also is 3lau)

Don't really know who Oliver Heldens or Vini Vici is and only checked a 3lau song after I saw I had a remix of it on my dubstep playlist but to answer your question, yes.

Forgot to add an entry for bassline lmao, editing that in now.

Spoiler

marioadmin.PNG

dralgaaboose2.PNG

dralgaaboose1.PNG

loucopmass.PNG

zeroleftnute.PNG

zeronoaccessr.PNG

ryanmean.PNG

zerobreak.PNG

volkghost.PNG

kosadmin.PNG

momdemote.PNG

volkdemote.PNG

godgag2.PNG

kitescreech.PNG

kiteprom.PNG

kitemember.PNG

zeroserver.PNG

kitedemote.PNG

slayall2.PNG

tonydemote.PNG

ryanhot.PNG

volklovetony.PNG

volkgay.PNG

volkmass.PNG

wigglesbeat.PNG

kitesuck.PNG

humcent.PNG

pancakezeroass.PNG

epic.PNG

godunforgive.PNG

squidleave.PNG

zerobrazid.PNG

zeroban.PNG

zeroass.PNG

gamble.PNG

bigflip3.PNG

bigflip2.PNG

bigflip1.PNG

pancakeaboose3.PNG

slayall.PNG

robotrdm.PNG

zeromember.PNG

zeromass.PNG

godgag.PNG

doubleaboose.PNG

prom.PNG

zerohax3.PNG

rdmtest2.PNG

rdmtest.PNG

lilozgay.PNG

lilozcock.PNG

2697y22w4d.PNG

1inchpinch.PNG

ducnihilistic.PNG

zerohax2.PNG

zerogay2.PNG

lilozmember.PNG

pulseaboose3.PNG

kiterdm2.PNG

pulseaboose2.PNG

pulseaboose1.PNG

pulsereee.PNG

zerolazy.PNG

rdmrdm.PNG

sadbanditwish.PNG

vaglol.PNG

zerodemotion.PNG

pancakeass.PNG

Achievements

YouTube links (fun fact, never used spotify so don't expect me to ever use spotify links)

Dubstep:

Spoiler

Pixel Terror - Bittersweet

Excision - Drowning (ft. Akylla)

Electro House:

Spoiler

Knife Party - Internet Friends

Astronaut - Apollo

Glitch Hop

Spoiler

Barely Alive - Rifle Blow Kiss

Hinkik - Explorers

Basshouse

Spoiler

Habstrakt & Badjokes - Right Here

Pelikann - Green Ranger (ft. Mac Backwardz)

Bassline

Spoiler

Distinkt - OG Tracksuit Badboy

Flux Pavilion ft. Layna - Symphony (Taim Remix)

Drumstep

Spoiler

Excision - Virus

Defqwop - Heart Afire (ft. Strix)

DnB

Spoiler

Noisia - Anomaly

Hyukari - Escape (ft. Moon Jelly)

Melodic House

Spoiler

Seven Lions - Senseless (ft. Tyler Graves)

Alan Walker - Faded

Garage

Spoiler

My Nu Leng - Sinking Sand (ft. DRS)

Monuman - If You Want

Midtempo

Spoiler

F.O.O.L & Power Glove - Mercenary

Eptic - Violence

Trap

Spoiler

Zeds Dead x DISKORD - Blood Brother (ft. Reija Lee)

PEEKABOO x ISOxo - POWERMOVE

Psytrance

Spoiler

Infected Mushroom - Kababies

Abraxis & Crystal Skies - Night rider

Happy Hardcore

Spoiler

nanobii - Rainbow Road

Gammer & Darren Styles - DYSYLM

Spoiler