Cpt.Haxray

Innocent Role Idea: Guardian

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Team: Innocent

Description:
An innocent role. Spawns with a special weapon(Be it a deagle like the Jackal and Priest, or some more fitting weapon) called the Guardian's Blessing. Shooting someone with the Guardian's Blessing gives them the "PROTECTED' Status. Someone under the Protected Status will respawn when killed with 50 health if the Guardian is still alive, and the Guardian will lose 50 health. The Guardian's Blessing has only 1 shot, and will only recharge if it misses a target(30 second recharge time if so). The Guardian's Blessing will not work if used on any Innocent role that can easily prove itself(So no Blessing the Pharaoh, Priest, Detective, Beacon, or Survivalist). Attempting to use the Guardian's Blessing on one of the forbidden roles will simply kill the Guardian. Once someone is Protected, an announcement will be made to all players telling them who the Guardian is and who they Protected(Note: The Protected's person's role is not revealed, this is not a testing tool). 

Optional: The Protector shows up with a special Radar Color for Evil Roles(Similar to how Survivalist shows up as Grey but only for Innocent team roles). 

Also Optional: If the Role proves to be too strong, the Protected person will die if the Guardian is killed first. Respawning is an incredibly powerful ability for innocent roles, and should likely have large drawbacks tied to it. 

Basically a modified version of the Guardian idea posted to the TTT2 Suggestions Github(Link to the original): New Role: Guardian · Issue #2 · TTT-2/addon-ideas · GitHub

Edited by Cpt.Haxray

1 minute ago, BlazingArson said:

Would it only be able to protect basic innocents then?

No, it can also 100% protect Spies. The idea is any kind of Innocent who would be super easy pick by virtue of easily proving themselves wouldn't be able to get the blessing, as that would be an incredibly easy choice.

1 minute ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

No, it can also 100% protect Spies. The idea is any kind of Innocent who would be super easy pick by virtue of easily proving themselves wouldn't be able to get the blessing, as that would be an incredibly easy choice.

Since it announces it that'd be unfortunate for the spy, but I do like that. I think the announcing of the protected is a bit much, makes the role tell every evil who to avoid killing until the guardian is dead, effectively making it useless if people use their brains. Otherwise, I like the idea.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

3 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

Since it announces it that'd be unfortunate for the spy, but I do like that. I think the announcing of the protected is a bit much, makes the role tell every evil who to avoid killing until the guardian is dead, effectively making it useless if people use their brains. Otherwise, I like the idea.

It doesn't make it useless, it means they need to play around the person they know they can't really kill at the current moment. Plus, it doesnt announce the spies's role, just his name, and if you notice the Protector's Blessing IS able to be applied to Evil roles.

1 minute ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

it means they need to play around the person they know they can't really kill at the current moment.

yes, and if people pay attention, since it announces the protector and the protected, they can completely avoid the respawn by searching for the guardian and killing it, making the protector useless. I just thing the announcements makes this role really weak.

5 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Protector's Blessing IS able to be applied to Evil roles.

That doesn't make much sense to me, seeing as this is an innocent role. Sounds more like a special neutral, unless no matter what the person respawns as innocent.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

8 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

yes, and if people pay attention, since it announces the protector and the protected, they can completely avoid the respawn by searching for the guardian and killing it, making the protector useless. I just thing the announcements makes this role really weak.

That doesn't make much sense to me, seeing as this is an innocent role. Sounds more like a special neutral, unless no matter what the person respawns as innocent.

The idea is that the Guardian will be GREATLY punished for making a terrible mistake and accidentally granting their blessing to an evil role.