DDrix

DDrix's KZ Climb Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): PewPew

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:506131770

Admin that banned you: CONSOLE

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): server ban

Why should you be unbanned?

Hello,

On 11/22/2020 I have been banned for a bhop macro.

So this is a long story, but to sum it up - I read some comments on reddit about a bhop macro, people were arguing wether this gives a big advantage or not. I decided to try it out myself, so I created one. I used it on my offline server for a few minutes and realized that it doesn't really give a big advantage.

A few hours later I launched your server just to train my long jumps, I wasn't trying to take an unfair advantage over other players. I hope that you can see the demo from the moment I got banned, I was in the lj room training my long jumps, and at a moment I remembered that I had a macro and I decided to try it on your server just to see if it works on all different servers. I played with it for 5-10 seconds maximum and then got banned.

I love playing on your server (if you can see, I've completed a lot of maps, and I ranked up quite a bit). So I launched your server on my second account (Ratatouille , STEAM_1:1:568980433), later on on my third one (Baguette, STEAM_1:0:567241072). After a short while I realized that I actually got banned on all my accounts.

I understood that I broke the rules, so I patiently waited 1 month as a punishment, but when the ban expired I couldn't join the server. (I tried to log in around 24-25 december 2020)

I tried it one more time yesterday and I got banned again for 4 months...

Is it because my bans still didn't expire on other accounts?

Because if it's the case I swear I didn't know that using duplicate accounts was against your rules. And I tried to log in from my other accounts just to play some kz, I deleted the macro right after I got banned on my main account.

So I don't know if this will make you unban me, but the bhop macro was just an experiment, and I accepted the punishment for 1 month. But 4 months that's too much, I swear I will not use any type of macro in the future, I just wanna enjoy playing kz.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Hey!

Yes, you were banned for 4 months because your other accounts were banned.

I like your appeal, but unfortunately, I really cannot unban you at this time. Truthfully, the system was supposed to automatically ban you permanently for ban evasion (the act of coming on an alt account when your main account has been banned) and seems like it did not do so due to a configuration error, which has since been fixed. However, since you ended up waiting out your original ban, I'm not going to extend this - but I want you to understand that ban evasion is usually a permanent ban, I am choosing to give you the chance instead of rightfully extending it.

I'm going to remove the ban on your main account to shorten your ban, however, your alt accounts and IP address will remain banned for their original length for evasion. This means you can only join from the 27th of January, 2021 onwards. Joining before that will result in a permanent ban, and I don't think I'll be too keen on lifting that. 😛 

Thanks for the appeal!

Closed.

If you would like to get in touch further, shoot me a private message here on the forums or on Discord - Infra#0001.

:infra:

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Ex-Gamer for Life

image_10.png