Token SomethingOrOther

Give free pronoun tags to anyone with member+

I don't think people should need to donate in order to have their pronouns visible to folks playing the game. I like having custom tags as a donor thing, but i think it would be great for inclusiveness and being supportive of all folks, especially in a game that's focused so much around people's voices.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

THIS SIGNATURE IS INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

1 minute ago, Burriss75 said:

IDK if Aurora's opinion on this has changed so don't hurt me if im wrong but she did say she didn't want to add this before. Assuming it doesn't get added you can just add them to your steam name

Lol. Don't worry, man. I may be a bit of a hardass on rules, but i don't think I'm a mean person. I would never hurt you. At least not on purpose.

I think it should just be left as a Donator thing.

The only real incentives to donating is Tags and Pointshop and that's it. And even then, most players don't even use skins as a Donator. I think it should just stay as a steam name thing. 

Yea, but adding your pronouns to your steam profile could out anyone in the closet to all their steam friends.

I don't think that avoiding getting constantly misgendered should be an incentive for giving us money. It just doesn't feel right.

The bring up of anyone in the closet not wanting to use it on their steam names makes ZERO sense. You're in a public server anyone could join, anyone could record you in a video, anyone could screenshot. It's just the same as a name being changed to have pronouns on steam, it's public all around.

Also, trolls or not, there will be other factors down the road that could cause issues. It'll bring more problems to the tag system, it might even go straight back to being a VIP thing only because of it getting abused by random players.

Like I said when it was first suggested, I feel like it's something relatively few people would take advantage of and it's not really worth struggling with the implementation details of such a system (dealing with trolls, covering all the pronouns without allowing free form, etc) when it is very easy to just stick them in your name.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Isn't it possible to add a nickname system just for the server? Then people could add pronouns there if it's an issue to change their actual steam name. Add a 10 minute timer as well so people can't rapidly change it to meme/ghost.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

2 hours ago, Duc2000 said:

Isn't it possible to add a nickname system just for the server? Then people could add pronouns there if it's an issue to change their actual steam name. Add a 10 minute timer as well so people can't rapidly change it to meme/ghost.

Could be good, subject to during round kicks too.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

17 hours ago, Alexis said:

The bring up of anyone in the closet not wanting to use it on their steam names makes ZERO sense. You're in a public server anyone could join, anyone could record you in a video, anyone could screenshot. It's just the same as a name being changed to have pronouns on steam, it's public all around.

Also, trolls or not, there will be other factors down the road that could cause issues. It'll bring more problems to the tag system, it might even go straight back to being a VIP thing only because of it getting abused by random players.

This is a risk with *any* sort of acting as the real you while in the closet. There's always the risk of someone figuring out. But I think it's a call that someone should make for themselves, and as one of the few extremely queer friendly fps groups, I think that helping the baby queers is our duty.

3 hours ago, Duc2000 said:

I think that might be even better than the tags thing. Cuz then they could use a name in accordance to their gender identity, not just add a little sticker. I think it would also be a lot of fun for regular players.

Either way, it might be better to have pronoun tags/ name changes be for members only, so we can still get some filter from the general trolling public.

23 minutes ago, Token SomethingOrOther said:

it might be better to have pronoun tags/ name changes be for members only, so we can still get some filter from the general trolling public.

A huge portion of the trolls and issues are from GFL Members, so it won’t mean much. Just saying. 

4 hours ago, Duc2000 said:

I think this could be fine, as long as it still is effected by during round kicks, is member+ only, and there is some system to block people from being able to change their username if they misuse it.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers